Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Drag Racing Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-17-2001, 02:26 AM
Inactive User

Just saw that Kenny Koretsky and Rickie Smith will be driving new Neons, with Nickens supplying the engines, as soon as they get the cars ready for them. Geoffrion is out, Osborne is in and now team Koretsky, Who is next?

Danny
Old 01-17-2001, 02:46 AM
Inactive User

I think it is kool that there will be more mopars out there. The more the better chance for a win!!! How do you all feel about the Geffrion deal. I just read that Nickens offer the ride to Richie Stevens first and that happened before Xmas. I wish National Dragster would pint what really is going on in these deals instead off the sugar coated crap we get. Anyway I wish win lights to anyone in a MOPAR.
Old 01-17-2001, 05:41 AM
Big Tuna

Question

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but does it bother anyone else that loyal Mopar racer Allen Johnson is not sponsored by Mopar, and another team is awarded to GM racers? It sure doesn't seem to pay to be loyal to Ma Mopar.
Old 01-17-2001, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dschumers:
Sorry to be a wet blanket, but does it bother anyone else that loyal Mopar racer Allen Johnson is not sponsored by Mopar, and another team is awarded to GM racers? It sure doesn't seem to pay to be loyal to Ma Mopar.
Just because they are running neon's, with Nickens motors, doesn't mean they are getting any sponsorship money from Mopar.

Nickens is probably just leasing motors.

------------------
Tom
68 Super Bee
69 Barracuda Convertible
Old 01-17-2001, 04:38 PM

I stand corrected. They are getting factory help.

AJ gets the shaft again.

------------------
Tom
68 Super Bee
69 Barracuda Convertible
Old 01-17-2001, 06:29 PM
Inactive User

I agree, it's to bad about AJ not getting backing from MP. I am happy to see more teams joining the Mopar camp this year. I think we will have a lot to be proud of in 2001. Just wish DC would come down out of the ivory towers & support those that have been long time supporters of theirs! With D in control, who knows what will evolve? To bad about Scott also. He hung in there all that time the Hemi was being developed.

------------------
BFRACN
Old 01-18-2001, 01:07 AM
Big Tuna

Wink

cuda367, There is one big reason that the NHRA doesn't publicize and even "buries" the bickerings and scandals. Sponsorship! The NHRA guys are fighting Nascar tooth-and-nail for every dollar they can get, and stories of bad goings on chases away sponsors by the truckload! That's why they are very careful about what is printed. I don't know if you remember the Rachelle Splatt deal from a few years ago or not but she had a big deal to run Fuel sponsored by the Luxor in Vegas. There was some "intermingling" between driver and crew members that resulted in a big late night fight in the pits at a national event that got alot of media attention. As soon as the Luxor found out, they pulled the money. After that NHRA keeps a tight lid on what the public hears. Dennis
Old 01-18-2001, 03:48 AM
Inactive User

I agree with prostock, it is a sad state when Mopar will give any GM racer that asks factory assistance but won't even sell Allen Johnson current engine parts to work with. Maybe with patane out of the picture, Allen will be able to at least have access to the same parts as Mickens & co.

Danny