Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Drag Racing Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-08-2001, 06:22 AM
LurkerMike

Well I know you guys are getting tired of reading my posts about the August 4th Bowling Green Kentucky Sport Truck Sootout. It is just North of Nashville TN.

This Truck event is intended to be a fun Club type competion event that would pair 454SS' with Lightning I's and II's and R/T's in 5 hours of 1/4 mile running.

Regular Chevy Trucks, Ford Trucks and Mopar Trucks would be welcomed too. 15 seconds in the 1/4 is what you would need to run to be respectable.

Since a similar event last year failed to get a single Mopar Truck to participate, I have taken on the job of seeing to it that Rams and Dakota's are properly represented this year. So far I am being laughed at as there does not seem to be a single fast street Mopar Truck interested in making the event. I was hoping for a whole Club with maybe a dozen Bad Beasts. They expect around 40 454SS's and Lightnings.

There is the possibility that some of the magizines may be there to shoot pics for articles. I am now begging anyone with a nice Mopar Truck to at least show up and park beside the track so the can't say all the Mopar Trucks were afraid to come race!

The 454SS Club is organizing the event this year. Wouldn't you want to see a Mopar Club win this thing? ;-)

Here are some links: http://www.454ss.com/Sporttruck/spor...otout_2001.htm
http://www.beechbend.com/

And Check out that TRUCK baby!: http://www.beechbend.com/images1.htm

So how bout it?
LM
Old 02-14-2001, 12:42 AM
Inactive User

Wink

I have a 360 in a Ram 50 Pickup. Visually you can't tell it has a V-8. Could I compete with this truck? It runs 13.50's at 103 on street tires.

Jason
Old 02-24-2001, 03:29 AM
Addicted Member

Thumbs up

WOW!!!!!!! That sounds really cool.
It is just so far away for me to drive.You can believe I would love to go to represent Mopar..........I think my truck does that a little on it's own.I would love to go to show some Chevy and Ford guys what's up!
You can check out my ride if you want at the web address below,I got some pretty nice pics in there.
Talk to ya later.