Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > PT Cruiser Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-12-2000, 03:24 AM
Inactive User

I work for Dollar Rent-A-Car,we have had the PT's in our fleet for a while.I had one come in for a tire to be looked at as it had a nail in it.I looked at the mileage.....2900!! This thing has been around!! I checked the log in the computer and no problems at all.I drove this car for most of the day and you'd be surprised how many people will look at it while you are driving.Now in the rental car industry,if a car is any type of lemon,it will show up here.The PT is a solid car,Chrysler really did their homework on this.Has no rattles, squeaks,groans,nothing.A real nice vehicle to drive.If I could afford it right now,I'd have one in my driveway,it's that nice.
Old 04-12-2000, 04:10 AM
Gary G

Cool

Thanks for reassuring me, Christopher. I've got to trust the judgement of a master auto tech. Do you know of any hardware to boost engine performance? And, wheelsÂ*Â*can we go taller and wider? 17" or more?

So, Florida's got all the PTs, huh? Guess, we'll have to fly to Miami and rent one. You lucky #X@*!X*?!

Old 04-13-2000, 05:02 AM
Inactive User

Haven't heard of any "performance" hardware out yet,but I would imagine with the vehicle being this popular,it would be soon.I'm sure you can go wider on the wheels/tires.I really haven't looked to see if you can go taller,I would imagine you could.The upgrade wheels are 16"'s,so I'm sure there is a 17 or even a 18 inch wheel that would work.
Old 04-13-2000, 11:00 PM
Inactive User

Lightbulb

Gary and or Christopher,

There are some perfomance parts out there, I have the links consolidated on my page...

Go to
http://www.workspot.net/~brew/

You can see my PT Cruiser there also, we love this car...

TTFN
Tim

Quote:
Originally posted by Gary G:
Thanks for reassuring me, Christopher. I've got to trust the judgement of a master auto tech. Do you know of any hardware to boost engine performance? And, wheelsÂ*Â*can we go taller and wider? 17" or more?

So, Florida's got all the PTs, huh? Guess, we'll have to fly to Miami and rent one. You lucky #X@*!X*?!

Old 04-14-2000, 12:48 AM
Inactive User

Cool

Nice pics, Great page!!!

Enjoy your PT
Old 04-16-2000, 04:36 PM
Inactive User

Smile

Thanks Bob...

Quote:
Originally posted by BobC:
Nice pics, Great page!!!