Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > PT Cruiser Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-28-2000, 07:13 AM
Inactive User

Lightbulb

Any chance that Chrysler will correct its only styling error by supplying the PT Cruiser with body colored bumpers? In fact, it's the only Chrysler NOT offered with blody-colored bumpers.In our case, black will do because we have a black Limited Edition coming.

Those charcoal gray bumpers match NOTHING.

Assuming Chrysler does not correct this error, does anyone have a good suggestion for
painting them, i.e. type of paint, method, etc?
Old 04-28-2000, 07:28 AM
Gary G

Unhappy

Right on, Citron. Back on April 1st I posted: "At dealer I ordered black and plan to paint the black bumpers to match the black gel coat bodyÂ*Â*shop says $650. Hey, Chrysler, save me $650!" (Yes, they need a special paint.)

You'd think Chrysler would have noticed that the PTs would look better with matching bumpers. It must be the same thinking that offered up any color interior as long as it's taup
Old 05-18-2000, 11:48 PM
Inactive User

I'm of the opposite view. I like the contrast. I think it off sets the body color. I've got an Inferno Red on order and like the smoke bumpers. Back in the 70's I had a red Porsche 914 that had black bumpers. If they had been red it would have been overwhenlming. Take a look at the ptcruiserclub.org gallery page. They have a picture of a red cruiser with red bumpers. To much red.
Old 05-19-2000, 08:06 PM
Inactive User

Wink

I think its a matter of preference. my wife has a blue 2000 dodge ram sport truck and it has painted bumpers to match the truck and it looks good, in fact I like it better than the XLT model which has chrome bumpers. However of the the PT cruisers I have seen on the road I perfer the different colored bumpers at least on the silver and red ones I have seen. I will contridict myself a little here, I think the black cruisers would look better with black bumpers. right now though all i really care about is when my patriot blue cruiser will be parked in my drive way.

stu