Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > PT Cruiser Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-01-2000, 04:05 PM
Inactive User

Any advice on painting the bumpoers body color? Type of paint to use? Remove plastic bumper cap to paint or leave it on and mask it? Our car is black.
Old 05-02-2000, 02:52 AM
Inactive User

Wink

A body shop here in Mpls. estimated $650 for the bumpers plus $40 for each mirror. This includes removal, painting, and reinstallation. I plan to find out how much I'd save with masking instead of removal.

Since the estimate was over the phone, the shop manager won't firm it up until he sees the car (also black). However, he did mention that a special paint is necessary. The gloss won't be a problem, but smoothness could be since the bumpers have a texture.

If you plan to do the job yourself, I'd suggest asking various body shops what paint they plan to use. You might also check with J.C. Whitney http://www.jcwhitney.com/ in Chicago, or another auto supply company. Good luck and please keep us posted.
Old 06-11-2000, 03:23 PM
Inactive User

Check here for pictures and cost information on painted bumpers. Cappy paid $300 and they look great. Good luck! I haven't decided one way or the other but since my PT is Taupe I don't think it will make as much difference.
http://www.ptcruiserforum.com/ubb/Fo...ML/000194.html

------------------
Angel O:-)
Old 06-11-2000, 03:55 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin

Good idea to check you link except you didn't provide us with your user name and password.
Old 06-17-2000, 02:00 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin

Hello citronr,

I am considering painting mine also, I've tried to contact some folks who have actually had it done, but no response yet. We are just down the road from you near Gettysburg, maybe we can get a group discount?

------------------
TTFN
Tim