Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > PT Cruiser Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-14-2000, 02:00 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Hey MrGreenJeans, a guy I met on the PTentusiasts forum got his Inferno Red Cruiser delivered in Menomonie, WI on Saturday. That is only 40 miles East of here and about 80 or 90 miles east of you. Maybe we will both get one yet before Christmas.
Called 800 today, say factory is increasing porduction, but, we are still in in BX. God help me if I ever make the mistake of dealing with a small dealer just because DC said we could order from any dealer and get a car.
Old 06-14-2000, 04:38 AM
Inactive User

Biggrin

Best news I've heard in weeks, Ed! Thanks. I hope Bob finds it encouraging as well. If someone can get an Inferno Red Cruiser in Menomonie, he most certainly should be able to get one in Chicago.

Ed, do you know when the PT was ordered? If it was in April, all of us who ordered in February and March will be heading off to Menomonie.

Thanks again. I'll look for you cruisin' past Lake Pepin (on the Wisconsin side, of course).
Old 06-14-2000, 04:58 AM
Inactive User

Cool

Yes, I had the T/A at a show in Madison, WI on Sunday and found the annual Mopar show was at the same dealer on the same day. Anyway, up pulls a family in an Inferno Red LE Auto with most options except racks and ABS. Well even though it was dirty, the people at the show talked them into bringing it in and entering it (they had just come to look at cars, not join the show). Anyway, they won 1st place for late model Mopar's, LOL. I wish my T/A had done as well....

BTW, I spoke to my dealer again today, and as usual, there will be no Chrismas at my house anytime soon, since we are back to BX with everyone else and their mothers. Week 1 of July production is now lost, and the best possible we can hope for is a mid-late Aug delivery if by some friggin miracle, it goes D next week.

Glad to hear they are making something for someone.

Its odd how the dealers seem to heve them to sell, on the lot, if you want to walk in and turn over your bankbook. Stranger yet that somehow mine never gets on the build list, but those lot cars do. I guess they have friends in places us little folk don't.

February seems like eons ago...........
Old 06-15-2000, 03:00 AM
Inactive User

Lightbulb

Best I can remember he ordered in late Feb. or early March. Ours was ordered 3/25, can't remember when you said yours was ordered, but I think I remember Bob ordered before Clinton got his pants zipped the first time.
Old 06-15-2000, 04:14 AM
Inactive User

Question

Pants zipped? Back in '92 I believe. Isn't that when you ordered, Bob?
Old 06-19-2000, 03:54 AM
Inactive User

Naaa, Clinton never will learn to keep his zipped.

We ordered 2/17. Still in BX world, which means it isn't scheduled to be built, yet. We are hopeful that it will get scheduled in the next few weeks and arrive in Aug or Sept.

Can't say I'm real impressed with DC as far as servicing ME the customer, rather than the dealers they prefer but won't tell you they prefer.

What can I say? They could have done a lot better in my book. As of now, we are nowhere, and will be at least 5 months late.

Still like the PT's, though. Just wish I was taking pics of mine instead of chasing them down to take pics of others.....

BobC