Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > PT Cruiser Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-23-2000, 11:19 AM
Inactive User

Unhappy

Its enough to make us cry. We got a nice thanks for your patience letter from a Chrysler VP to go with the usual depressing news.

This week's "Restriction Special" is the moonroof. Five weeks now at #1 on the dealers not allocated list.

I guess the possibility of the PT arriving in August is pretty much toast. With my luck, the van will break down in July. We have now cancelled our family summer vacation trip, and instead will take a couple smaller ones where we all don't go...

Maybe I'll take the Trans Am again. Its the only car left with less than 100k miles. Thats as good an excuse as any to take it

BobC
Old 06-23-2000, 05:50 PM
Inactive User

Exclamation

If anyone should be first in line it should be Bob in Chicago. He's been waiting since early February. Are you listening, Chrysler?! What are you doing selling Cruisers to hopped up spray freaks from South Florida? And, Canada . . . well, I don't want to go there right now. Let's get Bob and his lovely wife their PT Cruiser. It will be a 2001 model yearÂ*Â*righ
Old 06-24-2000, 01:59 AM
Inactive User

BobC, I bet that BG status is just Canadian for BX, because we seem to be bouncing through that same hell as you, in the mean time the guys up North are cutting the PT's up for parts. LOL
I didn't even post the fact we went back again, I just figured we all were too depressed after the good news letter from DC. Will it never end?
Old 06-25-2000, 06:11 AM
Inactive User

Cool

Well, I'll tell ya, I'm hopeful to see the status change this week. I see 5 spd LE's all over for sale, now, so its not just what we ordered. I hear DC has a new allocation policy called "turn and earn". The problem with it as I hear, is that if the dealer doesn't have lots of cars coming in, they never will.

I'll write a reply to DC's nice meatless letter. I don't expect it to do anything, but I've had no so long, I've forgotten what yes sounds like.

I hope things change for the better, soon.

BobC