Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > PT Cruiser Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-26-2000, 03:36 AM
Inactive User

Lightbulb

BobC, MRGreenjeans e-mailed me on Saturday about an unsold PT in Minneapolis and also mentioned that he has not been able to log into Moparchat. Can you post any help for him. We need his insite, whit and humor as well as his reparte with the Canadians.
Thanks. ED
Old 06-27-2000, 04:27 AM
Inactive User

Wink

Hmmm, maybe they cut the wires north of the Dells, LOL.

I had trouble and couldn't get in last night or this morning, either.

But I'm back!

Now about this PT Needing a home....

I'll have to email him, If its a 5 spd, I might consider it rather than the current BGL scenario.

Thanks,

BobC
Old 06-28-2000, 12:37 PM
Inactive User

Cool

He was nice enough to return my email. Alas, they were Auto's. Pricey, too, as expected. I guess I was born to suffer in BX/BGL, LOL

BobC
Old 07-05-2000, 05:41 AM
Inactive User

Unhappy

Help!

Six Pack and Speedwobble are holding me hostage "somewhere in Canada". They captured me five miles south of High River, near Calgary on Highway 2. My southbound 16-wheeler had six PT CruisersÂ*Â*one was Bob's Inferno Red 28GÂ*Â*but they nailed me in a roadblock as I made a run for the border.

I will be released to an authorized U.S. Chrysler Dealer only if Six Pack and Speedwobble are guaranteed delivery of 12 Mopar Ground Effects Packages, 12 turbo conversion kits, 300 White Castle burgers, and a season's pass to the Wisconsin Dells (Ed, I need your help on this one).

My freedom is in your hands, kind members of MoparChat. Six Pack and Speedwobble will be contacting you soonÂ*Â*unless they successfully "Canadianize" me. I pray that you never learn what this
Old 07-06-2000, 02:25 AM
Inactive User

OK, first things first. No problem on the season pass unless they want to come in summer also. Winter is better for them.
Next, why do they want ground effects in Canada? It is not steel so they can't use it for a snow plow!!!
Finally, why don't you have 18 wheels on your rig like the big boys do? After all, Minnesota has lots of trucking companies you could "borrow from" and the Pepsi drivers are still on strike so you could use one of theirs.
Hope BobC and Don can contribute to your ransom!!
Glad to see you'r back on the line. Ed
Old 07-06-2000, 05:03 AM
Inactive User

What is a "White Castle" burger? mmmmmmm burgers [drool]. Seen the ground effects in the accesory catalog. Can't say much about the wheel lip mouldings.

This is what we want....
Dog biscuits for the sled dogs.
Somebody to tape the next Super Bowl,we get only the local Canadian feed on any channel that shows the game, haven't seen a "Bud Bowl".
A roll of "Golden Dollars", 'bout time you guys caught up to us. We now have 2 dollar coins. You're next.
And admission for four to the nearest Six Flags amusement park. Hey we like our fun too.
Oh and 2 Payday bars and a pack of Marboros.

Put these in a cardboard box and leave them in front of the Chrysler Parts warehouse in Red Deer. I'll get Sixpack to pick it up.
Then we will release your PT.

Don't make us mad or we will send you the antenna to prove that we have your car.
Old 07-06-2000, 07:04 AM
Inactive User

Cool

No, but I have a Gold 6 spd Trans Am Convt (with a trailer hitch) for hish speed pursuit towing, $5 cash (including one of those gold coins), some plastic (for CDN Gas), and I'm on a mission from God

I can handle the 6 flags tickets and the dog biscuits. Sombody else needs to get the White Castles. I can't wait as long as they'd take to make em...

We be bringing em back alive and INTACT, we don't care about no MPH or Daytime Driving Lights...

BobC

PS: I hope that was a misprint. I REALLY NEED a 27G.

[This message has been edited by BobC (edited July 06, 2000).]
Old 07-07-2000, 02:32 AM
Inactive User

There there now..... calm down.
We're waiting for 27g's too.
Getting near Aug. snow will be coming back soon.
Old 07-07-2000, 05:19 AM
Senior Member/Moderator

Cool

Mr Green jeans you are hitting close to home, I think I'm going to have to make sure your not undercover around the next corner trying to catch my chop shop in action!!

Speedwobble, I can definately pick up the
ransom, but were going to need Yoo-Hoos as well to wash those burgers down.

Remember, if this ransom is not met you will still get your PT, might be 1 piece at a time though, and it will be sent through the US Postal Service

This message will self destruct upon receival of ransom

------------------
70 challenger r/t conv
98 V-10 Q/C SWB 4X4
72 383 swinger
Old 07-07-2000, 07:02 AM
Inactive User

Red face

27G!? Bob, are you saying I loaded up the wrong PT Cruiser, then went and got captured by these crazy chop shop Canadians? And now, they want to change their list of demands? Terrific.

Speedwobble says, "We will release your PT." Well, what about me!? So Bob, you'll get your Inferno Red 27G, and I'll become the North American version of The IcemanÂ*Â*to be uncovered by scientists in an Alberta glacier 3000 years from now. I'll never know the sensual delights of a PT Cruiser; ohhh the tragedy of it all.

What happened? I simply wanted a PT Cruiser and went to where Chrysler's sending themÂ*Â*Canada (a vast Chrysler Cruiser parking lot). Here I sit in a Calgary Confinement Camp, able to access the net for only fifteen minutes once a week. Yes, Six Pack, I'm undercoverÂ*Â*sure. Sitting here by myself in solitary confinement for the Criminally Cruiser Insane. Deep cover, yeah, right.

My mission began as an effort to liberate a small fleet of PT Cruisers, illegally held by the wily and dastardly Canadians. Now, my honor is gone. My captors place greater value on dog biscuits, Payday candy bars, Yoo-Hoos, and a pack of MarlborosÂ*Â*to stink up a Cruiser, no doubt. Go ahead, let them stuff their faces with White Castle Burgers, for all I care. I hear In & Out Burgers are better anyway. It's insulting, but the worst part is yet to come. Speedwobble says, "Don't make us mad or we will send you the antenna to prove that we have your car." Could he be so cruel and remove my antenna to prove that they have me? But . . . I don't have an antenna . . . unless they meanÂ*Â*yikes, get me out
Old 07-07-2000, 01:19 PM
Inactive User

The smokes are for protection, in case we get caught. Sorry, forgot about Yoo-Hoos add that to the list.
MrGreenjeans, if you are really in Calgary, go to Peters Drive in. They have the best burgers. And while you are chowing down don't mind us while we move [read hide] a few cars.
Old 07-07-2000, 08:46 PM
Inactive User

Quick question for my Canadian friends. Was at my small town 5 star dealer getting the 3000 mile oil change and a saleman said they were getting 3 Cruiser's from Canada soon. How and where in Canada do these cars come from?? any idea. Do you guys have cars to spare? i don't need one but just wondered. By the way, he said they will sell for 26,500.00 US dollars for those that just can't wait and they had to pay more for them and had them shipped in. They take orders at MSRP and have del. 4 cars so far.
Old 07-08-2000, 12:03 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs down

Some Canadian Dealers are ordering in cars under various family names then selling them at auction. Your American dealers then purchase them and sell them as used cars. When the US dealers sell them most have the customer sign that they have purchased a used car. Even heard that some Canadian dealers are making customers sign contracts that they will not sell their PT's in the US for a year.
Old 07-08-2000, 01:19 AM
Senior Member/Moderator

A friend of mine bought a PT(not yet here, supposed to be on the rails somewhere) and his name was checked by DC to see if he was a curber(which he will be after this car). His name was not on their list so they will sell him the car. So as long as a guy has lots of friends who don't mind owning a car for a short time(at least on paper)there will be a lot of new vehicles(not just PT's) that go back to US customers.
There is a Company behind my dealership that does just this, mostly with used trucks and vans though. Have seen them already send two PT's.
Old 07-08-2000, 01:30 AM
Senior Member/Moderator

Mr Green jeans, if your stuck in Calgary this week you stand a good chance of getting out if you practice you YA-HOOOOS(Calgary Stampede this week)
Hope this helps!!

------------------
70 challenger r/t conv
98 V-10 Q/C SWB 4X4
72 383 swinger
Old 07-08-2000, 02:13 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs down

The whole idea of shipping these cars south just ticks me off. What Chrysler did was allot a certain number of cars to come in to Canada because we know that if they didn't they would sell every one of them in the US.
Up here we got a few greedy bastards that buy these cars and sell them for profit to you guys. And of course people down there are so hungry for these cars you gladly pay thousands over list for a used car.
The whole thing stinks. Hopefully when production gets "ramped up" this will stop, but somehow I doubt it.
Old 07-09-2000, 09:38 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Speedwobble, I don't like it any better than you, but let's face it, it's the difference in the dollar that makes this deal lucrative.
If both of our currencies were on par this would be a minor occurance and not be a problem.
It would be nice for our dollar to be worth
much more, I would certainly be able to afford more toys for my hobby!

------------------
70 challenger r/t conv
98 V-10 Q/C SWB 4X4
72 383 swinger