Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > PT Cruiser Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-22-2000, 08:58 PM
Inactive User

Question

DC could sell oodles of them, even if the bottom one were an overlay piece.

I've found two so far:

One that uses DIY 3M sticky chrome pieces only for the horizontal bars. Its $100

Evidently, the chromed striping can be bought bulk for $30, as well.

I'm concerned about the quality of the above solutions.

Lastly, One that is a billet aluminum one, but the bars are too close together, so it doesn't look like I'd expect. Its $400 for the top and bottom.

Why doesn't anyone make something similar to the stock grill, but chromed?

Anyone know of any others?
Old 07-23-2000, 02:27 PM
Inactive User

What is the stock grill made out of? I know a local metal shop that could possibly chrome a metal piece, but they would not try to fabricate a new piece.
Old 07-23-2000, 03:46 PM
Inactive User

The stock grille is plastic, upper grille is 1 piece, lower is part of facia. i put on chrome trip tape and looks good and is lasting fine, 4000 miles. or you could put on more ridged wheel well trim, see "the englishman's" pic,s on cruiser forum. both are very inexpensive and replaceable/removeable. http://www.opholio.com/view_pholio.p...2363&pr=34zqre
Old 07-23-2000, 05:04 PM
Inactive User

Cool

Thanks for the links to the pics, Don. I saw a negative post from someone that had bought that style, but sent it back before installing. I have to say from the pics, its lookin good. My guess is that the wife won't want to take ours to any shows, but you never know, I might, if allowed. Do you think it would pass muster under those conditions?

BobC

PS: Your green looks great. The dealers could take lessons from us enthusiasts as to how to make cars look good. I think all the colors are much better in our hands than on the lots...
Old 07-30-2000, 04:42 AM
Inactive User

Biggrin

Stull Industries in Riverside, CA, (909) 343-2181, has recently announced PT Cruiser chrome &/or stainless steel diamond wire grilles. At present, the company hasn't featured the grille (s) on their website, click here: http://www.autostyles.com/tubegrilles.htm However, you can see it in an ad on page 15 of the September issue of Super Rod Magazine (red Cruiser on cover).

"This grille does not require cutting or drilling to install," reassures the company for all of us who have trouble installing new floor mats.

Also offered are cosmetic stainless-steel side pipes, flanges and mounting hardware. Bob & Ed, I know you'll want these. Okay, Speedwobble & Six Pack . . . Stull ships to Canada too.

[This message has been edited by MrGreenjeans (edited July 29, 2000).]
Old 07-31-2000, 12:01 AM
Inactive User

Cool

Cool, get any pics from them, by chance?
Old 07-31-2000, 12:13 AM
Inactive User

Unhappy

No pix except for the B/W in the ad. Stull will probably load one on their site eventually.
Old 07-31-2000, 04:54 AM
Inactive User

Biggrin

Bob, the article in "Super Rod" mentioned that Super Rod Cruiser parts will be sold/installed at Chrysler dealerships.

Here are a few new options:

Stull Aluminum Grille ($799)

Functional Louvered Hood ($1299)

Borla Performance Cat-back, dual stainless steel exhaust system w/ 3 1/2" outlets and K&N Filter Injection Performance Kit ($799) for improved throttle response.

7/17 Center Line "Flare" Wheels w/Goodrich Scorcher T/A Tires, colored tread sections ($2999)

Also, a 3M iridescent flame package is available. There's even one for the interior glove box.

Better buy the magazine.

Old 08-01-2000, 03:20 AM
Inactive User

Boy, that must be one heck of a grille. All the truck ones were $125 or so...

LOL,

BobC