Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > PT Cruiser Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-02-2000, 06:16 AM
Inactive User

Cool

Ship date is 8/16

Things are looking up! Need some fat rubber to put on them Cragar's, now...
Old 08-03-2000, 01:43 AM
Inactive User

Wow, that's great!! I bet you can hardly sleep. I hope we can get ours before we need snow tires.
Keep us informed.
Old 08-03-2000, 03:27 AM
Inactive User

Cool

I have an extra pair of Blizzaks in 16" waiting on ours. I'll put them on the front in the winter and use the stock tires and rims in the back. That leaves a pair of 205's for the front on the Cragar's. I'll get raised white letter (if I can find em) 245's for the back Cragar's.

It should look pretty cool

Gee, I wonder if the wife wants a chromed Hurst T-Handle, or maybe one of the old Pistol Grip's off the old Challengers could be made to fit...

BobC
Old 08-03-2000, 05:26 AM
Inactive User

Biggrin

Steering wheel turning knob? Got to have one.

Congrats, Bob. This is our month. DC shocked me on Monday with: "It shipped on the 20th." Whaaat?! I wasn't even planning to sell my trade until the end of August. Just when I was getting used to waiting, they have to go and make the damn car. Now what am I going to complain about? But, it was fun telling my rep when to expect deliveryÂ*Â*something he should have told me.

Ed, how about you? Are you due? Soon the leaves will be turning in the Hiawatha Valle
Old 08-03-2000, 03:38 PM
Inactive User

Okay guys, I'm now in the situation you've been in for months. We ordered our PT two weeks ago. Now, how do we find and track the order status?
Old 08-04-2000, 02:28 AM
Inactive User

Question

Well, it looks as though they finally decided to build cars for people!

Gary, Do you have your VON yet? If not, call the dealer and ask for it. Next, ask your status. Then, if its BX or BG or BGL, ask how many are on their list in front of yours. After that, you can ask how many allocations they gotten in the last month. From there, you can track and figure. Call on Tuesday after allocations are out on Mon.

Hope this helps,

BobC
Old 08-04-2000, 05:01 AM
Inactive User

Biggrin

Bob, I don't have to think about order codes. When I checkedÂ*Â*Gary, for your benefit, see belowÂ*Â*DC said, "It shipped on the 20th." When I notified my rep, he said the Cruiser should be here next week. Can you believe it?! I might actually cruise before the snow falls. Everyone else who ordered in March should expect delivery any day too.

"PTC Owner" posted http://www.workspot.net/~brew/ on 4/21. This link takes us to http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302...er_status.html where you'll find step-by-step instructions on translating a VO# into a VIN#. Once you have a VIN#, you can track assembly status.

[This message has been edited by MrGreenjeans (edited August 04, 200
Old 08-04-2000, 06:31 PM
Inactive User

Thanks guys, it will be interesting to see how things progress!
Old 08-07-2000, 01:27 AM
Inactive User

MrGreenjeans, I talked to the salesman at the county fair this weekend, he says they will get the first PT ordered any day now, then they will "earn" an allocation and ours will be the next one built.
The first PT was shipped on 7-17, so maybe it is sharing the same railcar with yours.
When yours comes in let us know and we can try to meet up with you.
Old 08-08-2000, 02:38 AM
Inactive User

Why am I not surprised? I've been trying for a week to get a VON from the dealer, and they haven't returned my calls. They finally called today and said they hadn't ordered the car yet because Aztec Yellow is not available until September! I think I've read that yellow is already in production...am I mistaken?
Old 08-09-2000, 05:15 AM
Inactive User

Cool

I heard that Yellow ones were seen outside the plant, and they took orders for them for only one day.

I'm afraid you are in for a wait. Better ask all the questions, now, before you are too deep in line to risk changing horses, dealer wise.

just my 2 cents,

BobC
Old 08-10-2000, 11:05 PM
Inactive User

Well, we changed dealers, but they have been told there is an ordering freeze on PT's for a short period of time. At least these guys seemed interested in our business. Another plus...no dealer mark-up. They are ordering it for MSRP, and since they are a large volume dealer, it should take no longer than from the original dealer.