Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > PT Cruiser Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-14-2000, 10:20 PM
Inactive User

Angry

I need info to go throught the right channels for the price increase. I ordered on May 12th and was given a written price quote and even signed. The Cruiser was shipped on July 31st and the invoiced arrived the folling week. The salesman(manager) told me that there was a price increase and gave me the new quote. They told me that I had to pay it and wouldn't do any calling to see if I could get it for the same price.
Will somebody give my some phone numbers to try? We live in Canada also. I have already tried the 1-800-465-2001. And they said that the dealerships are independantly owned and they have no control of what they sella vehicle for. And if it is thier fault, I am an employee there, so I would think that they are crooks.
Will my written quote that is signed stand up in court?

Thanks for the info.
Old 08-15-2000, 04:28 AM
Inactive User

Lightbulb

General, obviously a price quote is different from a purchase agreement. I can't understand why you would need to sign a price quote. Usually the seller signs the quote, or estimate, before providing a product or service. Reputable firms generally don't deviate more than + or - 10% from the estimate or they'll ask the buyer if they can re-estimate.

If you signed a purchase agreement, it should be legally binding. However, you may want to call an attorney to verify your options. I'm sure there are several sources for free legal advice up there: bar associations, government offices, radio call-in shows, law publication columnists, law firm websites, etc.

As you described your situation, what you do has consequences that go beyond purchasing your Cruiser at the price you accepted. How will your actions affect your job security? You'll have to decide what's important to you. Life isn't fair and it always gets even. All we can do is try to minimize the damage it does to us for as long as possible. (Wow, and I'm in a good mood tonight.)

Bob says it best: "LOL"
Old 08-16-2000, 02:18 AM
Inactive User

Cool

I'd say read the quote and look at if if allows them to change the price if the cost changes. If so, then I guess you keep reading to find out by how much. I'd also say see if you can find CDN cost/price numbers to see if its on the up and up.

Sorry I wasn't much help, maybe Canada has differemt laws that might help you,

BobC
Old 08-16-2000, 04:28 PM
Inactive User

Well Chrysler couldn't give me any answers why the price went up. 3 different depts. said it was the dealers fault when I told that to one of the guys they phoned right up and asked what was going on. I have everything all stirred up at work now! Finally this morning we heard that they weren't offering any price protection but the guys at work said that may change. They told me just to hold on.
Going on vacation soon and then the Cruiser should be here, I hope.