Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > PT Cruiser Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-30-2000, 12:09 AM
Inactive User

Question

WELL I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THE PT CRUISER FOR OVER A YEAR AND BECAME THE OWNER OF MY PATRIOT BLUE TOURING EDITION CRUISER 6 WEEKS AGO. I AM NOW A LITTLE CONFUSED OVER THE BADGES ON THE CRUISERS, MINE HAS A "TOURING EDITION" BADGE, I HAVE NOT SEEN MANY WITH THIS BADGE BUT I HAVE SEEN QUITE A FEW WITH THE "LIMITED EDITION" BADGES. QUESTION--WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO? IS ONE CONSIDERED A MORE TOP OF THE LINE CAR?

STU
Old 08-30-2000, 12:58 AM
Inactive User

Crisco2, your caps lock key is down, no need to shout.Ha Ha, someone else told me that once. Really I don't mind it.
When we were ordering, I had that same dilema, it seems that the limited has more options as standard and, after looking at what I wanted on a touring it made sense for me to order the limited eventhough there were a few things on the limited that I could have done without.
So, it would be possible to have almost the exact same car as a touring or a limited depending on the options ordered.
If you still have a Mopar brochure you can find the total option/standard package listing comparison toward the back of the brochure.
The botom line is you have the PT you wanted and we are still in BX Hell.
Happy crusing, we may still get to Fla. this winter.
Old 08-30-2000, 06:08 AM
Inactive User

Cool

Sorta depends what options. The LE is the top of the line what would be options on a Touring Ed as std. I think that when I priced the Touring plus the options, it came out lots higher because the pakage discount wasn't there. I gotta say, that wasn't on the DC site, so maybe it wasn't right.

BobC
Old 08-30-2000, 01:19 PM
Inactive User

Bob, your right. You can add options to the Touring Ed.to bring it up to the Limited except for leather seats, Leather is only avail. on the Limited. However, by adding individual items you don't get the "package" discount and the loaded touring can cost as much or more than a limited.
Old 08-30-2000, 01:42 PM
Inactive User

after reading the replys i was still confused. i looked over the sales brochure and i think i found the answer, the touring edition is the "top of the line". i ordered a 28G model car which according to the sales brochure is the limited edition, however there is a "touring edition" option which states includes fog lights,embroidered floor mats, touring suspension, chrome wheels and touring badge-not included in limited edition. it appears the limited and touring edition cars are the same. oh my touring edition car does in fact have leather seats. oh well, i guess either way i can't complain i do have my car and others have been waiting a long time, i hope thier cars come in soon.

stu
Old 08-30-2000, 01:47 PM
Inactive User

after reading the replys i was still confused. i looked over the sales brochure and i think i found the answer, the touring edition is the "top of the line". i ordered a 28G model car which according to the sales brochure is the limited edition, however there is a "touring edition" option which states includes fog lights,embroidered floor mats, touring suspension, chrome wheels and touring badge-not included in limited edition. it appears the limited and touring edition cars are the same. oh my touring edition car does in fact have leather seats. oh well, i guess either way i can't complain i do have my car and others have been waiting a long time, i hope thier cars come in soon.

stu
Old 08-31-2000, 11:43 PM
Inactive User

The 28G is the top of the line limited edition. The F model is the touring ed., leather is only avail. on the G limited ed. model. The LE has all the options that the touring has in it's package, the only thing that can be added to the LE is ABS disc brakes, roof rack, eng. heater and up graded CD players. You car will be badged as a Limited Edition, not touring ed., The LE has the emb. floor mats, chrome wheels, fog lamps etc. It will not have a Touring Ed. badge.

[This message has been edited by Don in NC (edited August 31, 2000).]
Old 09-08-2000, 06:57 PM
Inactive User

mystery solved, the factory put the wrong exterior badge on the car. my dealership ordered me a new one and will replace it with the correct "limited edition" badge.
Old 09-21-2000, 06:52 AM
Inactive User

Ordered mine in July , a Touring unit with everything on it except that spoiler thats available,except the leather seats (wife can't handle leather) anyway if you don't get leather seats you can't get side air bags is all