Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > PT Cruiser Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-20-2000, 11:38 PM
Inactive User

As some of you know I work for a major car rental company($$$$$)and we have had the new PT Cruisers in our fleet since February.We have had several of these accrue 30,000 miles and we are shipping them to auction for sale.I am very happy to report that we have had ZERO problems with these cars.They have been extremly relaible,no breakdowns or anything.30K is a bunch of mileage for such a short time!! They have been fun to have in our fleet.As of now,we don't know if we are going to get any more new ones soon.Hopefully we will.
Old 10-21-2000, 02:14 PM
Inactive User

Wow, that's a lot of mileage for 7 months. Is this normal for most of your cars in Fla.? or do the PT's seem to get more mileage put on them then other cars. I'm glad to hear about no problems as I have a early production car 3/8/00 and haven't had any problems either. I remember when you got your cars and we started getting reports.
Old 10-22-2000, 09:32 AM
Inactive User

Cool

Good to hear, and thanks for letting us know. Ours has had no troubles at all and is at 4000 mi. Well, I think its around 4000. Last time I drove it was 2 wks ago. I don't get to drive it often...

BobC
Old 10-23-2000, 01:30 AM
Inactive User

No 30K is normal in about a 12 month period,which is what we usually lease the cars from Chrysler for.We have had a tremendous response for the PT and they have been great to have in our fleet.Most people rented our PT's so that they could drive them before placing orders.Our dealers here in Jacksonville even rented ours so that they could put them in the showrooms.So far,the dealers here have roughly 5 PT's apiece,but one dealer is asking 5K over sticker and the other is asking 1K over sticker.Sorry,but they'll have to start from invoice before I buy one.Besides,I'm going to get the turbo in 2002.