Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > PT Cruiser Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-31-2001, 05:38 PM
Inactive User

Unhappy

I'm sorry to say that we have had our Cruiser since September and like it very much but it is no good in the snow. Too low to the ground so we are going back and trading for a Durango. The Cruisers are only meant for the warm climates or the Summer time up here in Canada!
Dose any one want to trade?
Old 02-01-2001, 04:40 AM
Inactive User

Red face

I just drove mine through its first big snow this week, and I have not had any real problems. The weight helps. The rear seat heat vents also help warm the little cruisers up fast. Maybe Colorado cold is different than Canada cold?
Old 02-02-2001, 03:56 AM
Inactive User

I don't think the cold is any different. But it sounds like GeneralLee is in Eastern Canada. Those poor folks are just getting bombarded with snow this year. But if you know anybody in, say Calgary, they have hardly any snow on the ground. St Johns Nfld has had 357cm of snow this year. There is 150 cm on the ground, and its bracing for another storm as you read this. Out West in Banff there is ski hills making snow 24-7 just so they have a good base.
Pretty crazy weather.
Old 02-02-2001, 05:35 PM
Inactive User

Yes, our's isn't much in the snow, either. The majority of the blame is on the tires I put on, but the traction control doesn't seem to help much. The ABS does work pretty well, however. Yes, its not high enuf for deep stuff. I guess if you were going to want to trade it, it would be smart to do it when demand/supply is in your favor.

BobC