Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-08-2000, 06:14 AM

Exclamation

I like my little Mopars almost as much as my big ones, but I often find at the several modelcar message boards that I check out, the conversation is most Camaro this, and Mustang that. And just to keep this short, if any of you do or did build model cars, the new AMT 57 Chrysler 300 and 71 Charger, and the Revell 67 and 68 Charger and 68 Dart are very good and highly recommended!
Yeah, I know I haven't grown up, and I still play with toy cars, so what, I'm having fun!
Old 08-08-2000, 01:22 PM
Inactive User

Stoga
Im with you on a Mopar modeling forum. I also do models, Mopars and Nascar. Have you been on Hobby Heavens message board? They have a lot of Mopar modelers on there.
Old 08-08-2000, 05:25 PM

I've been on there a few times, and I usually stop in and read their board almost every day. I've been a car modeler since grade school, it was the only way I could get my hands on a car to build cause Mom just wasnt going to buy me a set of wheels in the 3rd grade,lol! The addie for Hobby Heaven's message board, for anyone reading this who haven't been there: http://www.modelcarkits.com/wwwboard/
It's a very good board, but due to it's sheer volume of traffic, the posts cycle through very quickly. Maybe we can get something going here for the folks who like wee little Mopars as well as big ones. I know there is a lot of folks who collect automobilia, everything from model cars to posters to Hot Wheels to a list that goes on to infinity! I do think this area would be great for Mopar collectors and hobbyists of all kinds, and we can save the other part of Moparchat for important things like cam lift, gear ratios, parts info, and such.
Old 08-09-2000, 01:39 AM
Inactive User

Good idea!! I'm a big collector of Hot Wheels and really anything Mopar related.My Hot Wheel collection is 98% Mopar,along with a few of the muscle car era Fords and Chevy's.I also like the old model car kits and collect those as well.Plus I collect Road Runner memorabilia too.
Old 08-09-2000, 11:14 AM
Inactive User

I'll vote for that one. I build models and not just the way the box has em. I'm currently workin on a 71 hemi cuda conv. (the way I would want mine to look) I could definitely use a place for help in customizin.

Christopher,I'm also a collector of die-casts and my name is also Christopher. I'm only a couple years into it, but I collect only Mopar (except for about 4 or 5 non mopars). Currently I'm up to about 300 hot wheel sized mopars.
Old 08-09-2000, 01:53 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

This is the best idea for a new catagory I have seen yet. Although I have raced full size Mopars in the past, my racing days ( and racing budget days) are over now so I am concentrating on building a fleet of Mopar models. I love doing nostalgic NASCAR and drag Mopar models as well as street versions. So Mr Moderator, can we miniature Mopar people get our own model car and truck forum? I would use it constantly and i,m sure others would too!