Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-27-2000, 04:13 PM
Inactive User

Hey all,
went for a visit to Z28 site to see what they were doing I think they must be really pist off I told them a story about
my 74 duster taking out an 87 IROC I realize it was probably a bad move. I don't plan on posting there any more. Man you could tell by their responses there was wotld was really rocked buy that post all they could do was attack me personally. O'well what did I expect from a bunch of bowtie boso's
Old 04-27-2000, 09:37 PM
Inactive User

Yeah, I have a 1970 Duster with a 318 and I can smoke 5.0L mustangs and Import crap.

THEY SUCk
Old 04-27-2000, 10:16 PM
Moparchat Barracuda Owner

I went to that site and checked out the responces and some other topics. There are several instances of seemingly stock z28 beating out stock vipers. yea right then they brag about thier 383 lt4 motor. He still couldnt have beaten that viper if the viper was even half trying. Sometimes these Chuvy guys get way too much on my nerves with thier crazy cockiness. Reminds me of the old lockeroom talk of who dick is bigger but when it came to shower time who always was late to go in and late to come out.

I wonder did is that where cockiness came from?

Anyways i deviated too much from the original topic

thanks for the load off my chest

Christian
Old 04-28-2000, 12:12 AM
Moderate anarchist

Well, I just dusted a newer camaro in my Diplomat yesterday. He was farting along under the speed limit and wouldn't move over (2 lane back country TX highway, 195 for those who care). So I waited till a passing zone came up and proceeded to pass. Mind you I wasn't riding his ass or anything. I guess he didn't want to be passed so he kept speeding up as I went to pass. So I get along side him, flip him his IQ number and turned off my ac to pass faster as oncoming traffic was getting close. I have no clue what kind of camaro it was other than white or really what year other than latest generation cause I don't care.

Not bad for a mostly stock 177k mile Diplomat. Mostly stock, but I won't say stock what, all I'll say is this. At one time or another everything in my Diplomat came stock on one flavor or another Mopar.

Steve

------------------
38 Plymouth P6
65 Plymouth Barracuda
87 Dodge Diplomat
89 Plymouth Caravan
96 Dodge Neon

"No quarter asked, none given" - Thunderstruck Racing
Old 04-28-2000, 10:53 AM
Addicted Moparchat Member

i'm being reminded of why i sold my Z28 and came back to the light. thanks guys. and to think i saw one today and was thinking "that was a pretty fun car" only 4 more years till the charger... i can do it...
Old 04-28-2000, 07:22 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

That was kinda uncool to post that there.
and your other responces on the board were a little on the mean side. Anyone can build a good car, hell Buick has the GSS and the GN's..those are pretty cool cars!!!and they are buicks for christ sakes...my opinion the posts you made were in bad taste.
almost Trollish
Maxwedge

[This message has been edited by Maxwedge (edited April 28, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Maxwedge (edited April 28, 2000).]
Old 05-01-2000, 05:34 AM
Inactive User

Maxwedge is right fast cars are made by all the automakers. We're talkin about 231 v-6's that will just plain scat. But the typical Chevy guy is an idiot. I'm not talking about the guys that can tune a car and back up a boast. The type of guy I'm referring to is the guy who braggs him self a hole, then makes up excuses not to run. If you do beat him, he missed a shift. This is the guy who misses a shift every time. He gives the quality Chevy guy {I can't believe I just said that} a bad name. Personally I hate Chevies!
Old 05-01-2000, 03:51 PM
Inactive User

Ok, everyone I realize that I should not have posted there.I just couldn't resist at
the time but it's in the past and I have no intentions of revisiting their site.With that said I would just like to ask you, Do you think that Chevie boys will ever be able to think outside the box and give the respect due our mopars?.. Personally I'm Tired of every 305 Camaro having punk bad mouth my mopars.. I just thought I would take it to'em.. go on the offensive if you will in retrospect it was probably a bad move so I will say no more about it.
Have a good day all.
Old 05-02-2000, 06:50 AM
Inactive User

I also checked out the Z28 site when valiantone 1st posted it. I saw a pretty good mix of idiots and decent guys just wanting to shoot the crap about cars. In that particular post about the 87 IROC, quite a few Chevy guys showed admerable respect for the old Mopar Musclecars. Who wouldn't. You won't find me trashing new Z28's until I own something that can beat one. I agree there are plenty of idiots who own camaros, but then again again I'm sure there are alot of idiots who own Mopars. Anybody remember our good freind Xzash on the street racing forum? The fact is Chrysler isn't putting out anything to compete with the newest generation of "Pony" cars. I hate to say it but for the money chevy does give the most bang for the buck with the Z28. That doesn't mean I want to buy one. But it would be real hard for me to get on that site and brag about how my 245 Hp V8 is abusing V6 camaros and 3rd generation Z28's. Unless I'm towing a boat I think the outcome would be obvious. I'm not trying to agrivate anyone, just giving my opinion. As for the Iroc post I think it was a good one. Nothing wrong with some good old fasion taunting.

[This message has been edited by FastJeep5.9L (edited May 02, 2000).]
Old 05-02-2000, 02:02 PM
Inactive User

<dd>Not to nitpick, but I think that the "Best Bang for the Buck" title just went back to Ford. You can now get a 260-horse, 5-speed 2000 Mustang GT that will scoot from 0-60 mph in about 5.8 seconds, all for a touch over $20,000.

<dd>I know that the Z28 is faster, but I have yet to see a new Z28 for under $26,000...

<dd>- novicius -
Old 05-05-2000, 05:15 AM
Inactive User

That is pretty impresive for only 260 horse. I know the Z28 trim gets up there in price. Maybe I'm thinking of a base model with the V8 dumped in it. Not sure about the price on that. But again I reiterate, where is Chrysler in this part of the market? Am I the only one that is frustrated by this?
Old 05-05-2000, 08:02 AM

Fast.. you are NOT the only one extremely frustrated by this. i really love my truck and would miss it a hell of a lot, but i'm inches away from jumping over to the ford camp for a GT. father already has after 35 years of mopars, and is tickled to death with his F-350 and conversion van. i may just keep my mopar roots in the older days with our duster, back when they knew what to build. i'll come running if they see the light and build the charger or something rear drive and v-8 at least. it can be ugly as sin, just as long as it has rear drive, a v-8, and i can shift my own gears. and an autostick does NOT count!
Old 05-05-2000, 08:40 AM
Inactive User

I'm with you Rufas. I like my Jeep too, and it is very fast for its class. But it just wasn't designed to compete with these faster sports cars. I mean 5.8 sec out of a stang and what 5.3 out of a Z. It's a shame the only thing that DC makes that can even try and come close is a 4000lb truck! I know the 360 in my Jeep is tunned for optimum performance which may explain why it's so quick. If they could do it with my Jeep why can't they do it with a car? I'd like to see a come back of the Cudda or the Charger.
Old 05-05-2000, 02:53 PM
Moparchat Barracuda Owner

FastJeep You are right about the come back of the cuda problem is that they are killing the Plymouth line so IF and Thats A BIG IF they produce a Cuda it would be a Dodge Cuda. Sounds kinda wierd but I would still buy it only if it was rear wheel drive. I think someone at DC should be sent a copy of all these listings in this and other message boards so they can see what we really want. DC needs to get back to designing the cars for the masses and not for the classes. This reminds me of the episode of The Simpsons when Homer designs a car at his long lost brothers plant. Of course all we want is a Rear Wheel Drive Front Engine Performance car with nothing else even if it has a v6 i would take it cause maybe then the v8 would follow. Has anybody ever seen the 76 through 80 cuda designs? They were cool as hell If only I could have one of those with the new Hemi V8 I would be in heaven. Here that Chrysler?? Pull out the old designs like you did with the dodge truck and build it. Did you all know that chrysler has had the "new" dodge truck design since 1980?? Yup its true.

MoparNet Administrator do you have strings or contacts at Chrysler? If so use them and send them all these messages to get the Charger and cudas built and made to be Rear wheel drive.

Thanks

Christian

------------------
68 'Cuda 383 Working on adding EFI
69 'Cuda Race Parts Car
76 Duster 273 recent transplant
95 Neon 2.0 SOHC best of 16.96
84 Dodge Ram D50 transplanting 360
Old 05-05-2000, 09:20 PM
Inactive User

<dd>Heh, again, it would be a Dodge Challenger, not a 'Cuda (Plymouth is dead). Which would be just fine an' dandy with me.

<dd>Ah... just imagine: a pristine white '04 Dodge Challenger, with optional pistol-grip 5-speed and Hemi 353 under the hood. Seats four, has a modest-sized trunk, optional 17" aluminum rims peeking out under the flared fenders at the corners, sizeable disc brakes, and independent rear suspension. Coil-overs and beefy sway bars to complete the solidly engineered suspension. 0-60mph in a tick over 5 seconds and seek low 13's in the quarter. Finally, it would sticker at mid- to high-$20K's, fully loaded...

<dd>- novicius -
Old 05-06-2000, 01:41 AM
Inactive User

novicius you're making me drool. That would be great. Finaly something to spank the "pony" cars. And who better to do it than Mopar. What, do they think there's no market for it. My guess is there are alot of Mopar fans out there driving something else just because they had no other choice in a new car. I agree with christian, get the word out. If you build it we will come! Please , don't read into that last statement. You get the point.
Old 05-07-2000, 04:14 AM
Inactive User

Local kid hase a Dakota R/T. They say it's very fast. Anybody know how it compares to a Camaro?
Old 05-07-2000, 04:34 AM
Inactive User

Hey Fastjeep, ever race a V10 pickup? I'm from Kankakee county. Not to far away from you.
Old 05-07-2000, 06:25 AM
Inactive User

TL - My wife is from down there. She has family in Kankakee. We're down there alot. Small world. I ran a ford V10 and killed it. Haven't come across a Ram V10 yet. As for the Dakota R/T, if it's running a Z28 it will probably fair as well as my Jeep did. Hang with it for a while B-4 getting blown away. I've run stock R/T 's B-4 and beat'em. If he's done some heavy mods though it may be a different story. Do you know if it's a standard cab or 4x4? That could make a difference as well. You're kind of in the stiks down there aren't you? Any good places to have some fun? There's a small stretch through Bourbonas we go through but it's real congested.

[This message has been edited by FastJeep5.9L (edited May 07, 2000).]
Old 05-07-2000, 08:08 AM

94 and up Z28's are roughly a second and a half to 2 sec. quicker than an r/t... not much of a race except maybe right off the line...
Old 05-11-2000, 04:25 AM
Inactive User

Fastjeep, some places to have fun but noplace thats actualy deserted. If you head east as you leave Bourbonnais you may find some decent roads to run on. You may come near where I live. Head northeast along the river and the road is fun to drive but trafic makes racing a little risky.
Old 05-11-2000, 04:27 AM
Inactive User

Northwest along river.
Old 06-15-2000, 05:58 PM

Back in November 1999 I drove my 1999 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport to Dallas for business. I had recently installed the cold air intake and a Gibson stainless steel single exit exhaust. When I arrived in Dallas it was about 10:00pm. I ended up on a nice 3 lane service road that I would be on for a few miles. At one of the first stoplights I heard some tire noise and noticed a red Z28, 97-99 vintage making the noise. I quickly changed lanes and ended up behind him at the next light. He was first in line. I was not sure what would happen next but when he took off I had to lag back for a few seconds to keep from rear-ending him. At the next light we were side by side and first in line. We both nailed it to the floor when the light turned green. I put my whole truck plus a few feet in front of him right off the line then widened the gap some. He finally caught up to me and went scooting past but I was already doing 60 before he got there. We repeated this spectacle two more times. The first time he didn't spin much off the line. The last time he did and I had spooled up against the torque converter pretty hard too. That last time I put the truck way out in front and was going about 65 before he showed up beside me. Oh, sure, he would have had many cars ahead of me at the end of a quarter, but who cares? My truck weighs 4850 lbs, I weigh 260 lbs. If our engines had been swapped the poor truck may never have caught him at all! My truck has the anti-spin 3.55 gears and being a Quad Cab is heavy but gets great traction. It fools a lot of drivers down low. Since then I have put in a JetChip series 2 module and run premium gas. That increased the bottom end power even more and it also pulled harder between 4000 and 5000 rpm. I might have held him off longer had I had all the mods before the Dallas trip. (I have switched out the Jetchip now so I could return to using the cheaper gas!)
Old 06-15-2000, 07:02 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

Good Kill
Old 06-15-2000, 07:33 PM

Hey, thanks there, Maxwedge. The Z28 was the most satisfying but I have more: Tundra Access Cab V8, 2 different Grand Prix GTP's (wider is SLOWER?), Ford V10, Ford V6 (what was HE thinking!), 3 other Rams (not too proud of those actually). This truck is fun! (I have lost some also -- If I can't race from a dead stop or near dead stop it is hard to reel them in from behind)

------------------
1969 Roadrunner (383, .509/292 hydraulic, 3.91 sure-grip, 4sp, powerful car)
1999 Ram 1500 QuadCab Sport (5.9l, 3.55 anti-spin, Cold air intake, Gibson exhaust, JetChip module)
Old 06-16-2000, 04:22 PM
Inactive User

dakota r/t's are slow, lucky if a stock runs 16's

Old 06-16-2000, 04:23 PM
Inactive User

dakota r/t's are slow, lucky if a stock runs 16's

Old 06-22-2000, 05:48 PM
Inactive User

i take it from reading this i wont be to welcome here. i am a chevy guy at heart, i would take a camaro or chevelle over anything. i do own a 1971 barracuda though, so dont hate me to much. i do like all mopars, well the older ones. i havnt seen a newer mopar i like. ok are you ready, aim, wait, wait, wait, FIRE!!!!!!!!

------------------
1990 chevy cavalier
1981 camaro(for sale)
1971 plymouth barracuda grand coupe
Old 06-22-2000, 06:20 PM
Inactive User

No need to fire, your fair minded and intitled to your opinion. Drive on!!! have fun!!! thats the whole idea!!
Old 08-10-2000, 05:47 AM
Inactive User

After road testing a R/T Dak and a new Dak with the 4.7, I think the 4.7 might kick it's a##. Sure felt that way.