Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-07-2000, 06:07 PM

I would love to hear your stories on how you came across your car. You know, stories that don't involve a car dealer, was an unusual purchase, a rare find, or something you stumbled across.
Old 09-07-2000, 06:51 PM
Inactive User

in 1992 my buddy was renting barn space,and he told me of a car just sitting in there in the back,and probably was for sale.i went down and checked it out.it was a bone stock/original 64 dodge 330 2dr.318/pushbutton.a car i was looking for for 10 years.my buddy told me if it was a polara he would of bought it,but he didnt want a "bottom of the line" car.PERFECT!do you think $600 was a fair price?
Old 09-07-2000, 07:33 PM

Back in 94 a guy from work saw me looking at an issue of Mopar Muscle. He proceeded to tell me about a guy he knew had a car " Like the Dukes of Hazzard car" for sale about a year ago. I asked if he sold it. the next week the guy tells me he still has it. So I went to see it. It turned out that it was a 1969 coronet 440 post car. It was covered with dust in a basement garage, couldn't even tell what color it was. The body was in good shape. The car had only 65k original miles, 318 auto. The owner told me he hadn't run it in years. The guy didn't know what he wanted for the car, so I offered him 500 bucks for it, and he took it. He even bought a battery and starter, and I drove it home. Still have the car, still looks stock except for the wheels. The drivetrain and suspension have been replaced with larger, stronger stuff. That's my story.
Old 09-07-2000, 08:03 PM
Inactive User

cool story TODD,there are still some primo cars just waiting to be found.like i tell everybody,follow those leads and beleive those stories.except the one about the 63 chevy...son went to viet nam...turned out to be a split window vette...got it for $100...YEAH.that story is STILL around!my new neighbor just told me this again two weeks ago,only with a new twist,he knew the guy that bought the vette!!!wow no kiddin'
Old 09-08-2000, 02:15 AM
Inactive User

My truck came looking for me!
My neighbor called my dad one day to find out the book value of his 86 D150 with only 41,000 miles on it. My dad and I, being mopar men, offered to buy it from him. He was retiring, and just wanted to get rid of his ugly old work truck. He only wanted $600 which included an aluminum cap that I sold for $175. The truck was beat up, but rust free. We knew IF it had major mechanical problems, we could use it as a parts truck for my dad's 84 ramcharger. Well, the truck turned out to be in very good mechanical shape. The (mostly)finished project can be seen at my website. My neighbor never thought then that his old work truck would one day be taken to a car show...

------------------
A.K.A. "old Gold"
86 D150: 2WD: 360
visit www.geocities.com/oldgold86/
Old 09-09-2000, 07:45 AM
Inactive User

Several years ago, my wife and I were on our way to a local car show with our club when we passed a sharp looking 70 Coronet 2 dr. I had never seen this car in town and decided to turn around a try to get this guy and his car into my local mopar club. I was driving a 74 Coronet with 53,000 original miles that I had picked up from a guy I worked with for $600.00. It was like new and I added a hood tach so it looked like a squad car. i caught up and we chatted about the club, but I couldn't help but notice that the guy just loved that 74 that I was driving. A few phone calls later and I wound up trading that guy even for his pristine 70 that even had power windows. Two days later I showed that car at Daytona. I sold It just before I joined the sevice(kicking myself) for ALOT more than I paid for that 74. I wish I was that lucky again. MOPAR TO YA!

------------------
67 SportFury 383hp/4-speed, 67 FuryIII ragtop, 77 Powerwagon 400, 87 Ramcharger, 93 Spirit modified 3.0/auto SEMPER FIDELIS!