Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-27-2000, 07:14 AM
Inactive User

I want to get a TIG welder, however I am so confused qabotu which one to get, Right now I have it down to the Lincoln 175 or 275 and the Miller 250DX. Has any used these machines and what should I look for?

Chuck B
12.6@109

------------------
93 Grand Cherokee, Transplanted 360 Magnum, Vortech Supercharger (9psi), Mild cam, 1.6 Roller rockers, Borla headers, custom 3” exhaust, Custom 46RH transmission, Custom Transfercase, MSD-6BTM Ignition, MSD Coil, AC Plugs, Axcell wires, Custom cold/forced air intake from head light and a couple of other small things. Also is a lot lighter than the average ZJ. Coming soon, fuel system
Old 12-29-2000, 12:26 AM
Inactive User

Cool

We run Lincoln square wave machines, however I read recently in a modern production mag that another company like ours had switched to Miller because of better starts and much finer arc control. I do belive that if you do not tig professionally that you will not notice much difference. Most machines now are sweet compared to years ago. Technology has taken the the what I like and don't like out of the picture for the man who is looking for a project machine. They nearly all perform for the average do it yourself person. Gas and proper electrode selection will be of more importance to acheive desired results. Check with your supplier for this info as it depends on what you are welding. Good luck
Old 12-31-2000, 09:37 PM

Hey Chuck,

Talk to George(My son) about the 175 Lincoln, we bought it as a floor model, I think it will satify your needs......we also keep a spare tank handy, just in case.......