Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-13-2001, 08:05 AM
Addicted Moparchat Member

Cool

in an effort to do as much as a i can before i get tied down after college with a full time job, wife, etc., i'm making plans to set aside 2-3 weeks early this summer to travel the country. no real set route, just hit the road with a couple friends and visit as many places as we can. so what should i see/do if i make it to your state?? car/truck places will definitely be in the mix, so throw those in along with any other attractions!
Old 02-13-2001, 03:44 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

Rufus;

ROAD TRIP !!!!! The best thing to do in a car...OK ..almost.
Should you make it to the Big Apple, go through the city at nite. The later the better. Day time is insane, and thats being nice! The weeee hours are best.
AND FOR GOD"S SAKE DON"T LEAVE YOUR CAR ALONE THERE. EMPTY IT OUT!
Stay on the Island. Take a train in to the city to see the Lady Liberty and take a walk to the crown or the torch. Ellis Island is right there as well.
After that theres the World trade center at the southern end of the boro of Manhattan. It the tallest building around here for sure. (Aprox.1/4 mile high)
Then theres the Empire state building were that monkey hung out on. From there you can see the Chrysler building with its 4 Egale head gargoyles on each corner gleaming in chrome! Then visit the "village" at nite for a host of bars and weirdows walking around.
Also, there are bus tours to be had that are very good.
On Long Island, (where I live) if ya want cars, you'll get cars. Not the best in the nation because of the salt air and salted roads in winter. But the shows in spring and summer are excellent.
At a train station (Bellmore, on the southshore, on Friday nites) theres a general meet of cars that grew out of the need for a place to hang and relax. This place will house about 2-4000 cars on any given nite thats nice. What..not enuff cars.
There is also a place a little east (about a half hour away) that will hold about double that amount.
Show, race, street/strip, old & new as well as Imports, home grown metal from yesteryear and today.
And when you have had enuff, go to the beach and kick back! Or go fishing for Shark if ya got the energy to do battle with one.
Theres tons to do. Just get a map!
Old 02-21-2001, 12:30 AM
Geek

Smile

Downtown Baltimore...

The Inner Harbor = ESPN Sports Zone, The Baltimore Aquarium, Harbor Place, Light house, USS Torsk (sub),lunch/dinner on this yacht (forget the name), The Science Center.

The Lyric Opera House

The Myerhoff - Baltimore Symphony Orchestra

That's about it for Maryland! Oh wait, the party town...You could always party in the streets with the rest of the drunks in Fells Point.

Of course, there's DC...The White House, Discovery Zone and the Smithsonian.

Word of advice - Park in a parking garage in Baltimore.
Old 02-24-2001, 11:46 PM
LARGE member

Thumbs up

COME ON DOWN!!!!! Evilram and I can show ya all the good spots!!