Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Ram Truck Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-25-1999, 12:51 PM
Inactive User

Question

I want to know what 5 things are included in the R/T option.

I have the 98 MOPAR performance parts catalog and it's not listed in there- so this must be in the 99 catalog.

I bought the MOPAR Magnum engine book (part # 4876668) that outlines TONS of performance upgrades which mentions how well the 5 performance parts that come in the R/T package helps out performace. (Found it in this forum under Mopar Performance catalogs . . .) (The local Dodge parts guys wanted to flip thru it when it came in . . .)

(I would guess, Mopar headers, and catback exhaust to start.)
Old 08-25-1999, 07:26 PM
Inactive User

You also need a computer, cam shaft with new springs and retainers, and an air filter, probably K&N. Page 252 of 9th edition speed secrets manual.
Old 08-25-1999, 10:55 PM
Inactive User

The only problem for me is - I have a 98 and no computer chip is available.

Where did you get the speed secrets manual ?
Old 08-26-1999, 06:31 AM
Inactive User

Wink

Got the speed secrets manual from my dodge dealer. Talk to the parts man at your dealer, tell him you would like a copy of the 1999 Mopar Performance Parts catalog. Hopefully he carries it. If not, call around till you find a dealer who does, but it's better if you get it from a dealer you do business with regularly. Where I live only my dealer carries this line of products, but you may have a speed shop nearby who can also get these things. Once you get the catalog, p144 & 145 are the performance books section. You will want p5249441 8th edition chassis performance, it covers rear wheel drive mods for suspension, bodies, axles, transmission, drivetrain and more. You also will want p5249704, 9th edition speed secrets manual, it has the low down on all the engines, how they came from the factory, all the parts and how they work and how they can work better, it also covers tuning, carburation, turbocharging, super charging, and nitrous oxide. You will also want p4876668, The New Magnum Engine Manual, the whole magnum family including the crate motors, racing secrets, blueprinting, high performance mods, and lots of pictures and illustrations. From there its just all in front of you. Is this what you wanted to hear?
Old 08-26-1999, 06:32 AM
Inactive User

Wink

Got the speed secrets manual from my dodge dealer. Talk to the parts man at your dealer, tell him you would like a copy of the 1999 Mopar Performance Parts catalog. Hopefully he carries it. If not, call around till you find a dealer who does, but it's better if you get it from a dealer you do business with regularly. Where I live only my dealer carries this line of products, but you may have a speed shop nearby who can also get these things. Once you get the catalog, p144 & 145 are the performance books section. You will want p5249441 8th edition chassis performance, it covers rear wheel drive mods for suspension, bodies, axles, transmission, drivetrain and more. You also will want p5249704, 9th edition speed secrets manual, it has the low down on all the engines, how they came from the factory, all the parts and how they work and how they can work better, it also covers tuning, carburation, turbocharging, super charging, and nitrous oxide. You will also want p4876668, The New Magnum Engine Manual, the whole magnum family including the crate motors, racing secrets, blueprinting, high performance mods, and lots of pictures and illustrations. From there its just all in front of you. Is this what you wanted to hear.
Old 08-27-1999, 07:12 AM
Inactive User

Biggrin

Gotta appolagize for getting long winded on my last post, I found 2 challangers, a charger, and a floor shift stick duster in the last week, I see those books and I just get pumped.
Old 08-27-1999, 12:52 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

No need to apoligize . . . I used to have a 68 Mustang GT (spent 2 years and buckets full of money making it run and look great ) It was my "baby" until a woman (with no insurance , , , of course) slammed in to me a totaled my ride.

My girlfriend has a 71 Cutlass SX convertible (w/455 - 1 of 347 and a "RAM" air hood). Everytime we take HER baby out to go crusin', I wish I had my old ride back.

Guess thats one reason I want to turn my RAM into a muscle kinda truck - reliving the sound of screaming tires and leaving your opponent in the dust.
Old 08-27-1999, 06:49 PM
Inactive User

Wink

Right on guy! Sorry to hear the Mustang story, my friends 440 Winnebago just got T boned in a storage yard by an uninsured, underaged, joyrider in an unlicensed rust bucket, no chance of any compensation, what can you do?
Old 08-30-1999, 03:35 PM
Inactive User

FOUND THEM:

Here is the R/T options list:

Headers

Free flowing exhaust

Engine controller (SBECs)

Low restriction air cleaner

Camshaft kit

Cast Alum valve covers

Billet alum pulley set

Old 08-31-1999, 05:15 AM
Inactive User

Question

Where'd you find them man?
Old 08-31-1999, 10:58 PM
Inactive User

I ordered a catalog from Magnum Performance go to www.fastdodge.com
and they had a page that lists the "Magnum R/T" performance package....

Guess these guys build hi performance throttle bodies to add additional performance. I'll post a new subject and see what response we get from others about that. I know about another company -RDI- that does the same thing.