Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Ram Truck Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-04-1999, 02:57 PM
Inactive User

(Sorry for the double post again )also in Jeep and Truck chat), but I still figure the more people I ask, the bigger the response).

Looking for this front bumper as a possible upgrade on my ride:

Any suggestions ? I have found out so far that it is from a 98 MR Norm project that was special RAM made and delivered to some Dodge dealers for sale to the general public.

Old 10-04-1999, 05:01 PM

Mr. Norm sells and I think makes, that bumper for the Ram. Its very similar to the one I put on mine, but mine is smooth, no holes in the middle, with the big fog lights. the thing I didnt like about that one is that there is a permanent air dam attached to it. And I dont mean a little air dam like on the factory trucks, I mean a BIG HONKIN air dam that is probably two inches lower than factory, plus it sticks out more on the ends... kinda wierd looking, and there is no taking it off, its part of the cover...

Clay
Old 10-04-1999, 05:10 PM
Inactive User

What kind do you have ? Where did you get it ?

Any idea where I could go to find MR NORM parts ? (I imagine since its "MR NORM" - it probably costs a couple hundred more than I could get elsewhere.)
Old 10-04-1999, 08:20 PM

Well, my bumper is sold by Keystone Restyling Products... it goes for right around 200, plus you have to have it shipped truck freight, so thats another 50 bucks.... anyway, I bought mine becuase last winter I lost control for a second and hit a snow bank. I didnt hurt the metal part of my bumper, but all the plastic got pretty beat up, this was the cheap and cool fix

anyway, you may not like it because 1) you have to permanently glue it on, and 2) you have to cut bit holes in the metal to get those big fog light holes to fit... so once you go, theres no going back...

Clay