Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Ram Truck Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-11-2000, 05:22 PM
Inactive User

Arrow

--UPDATE--

I talked with Hypertech yesterday, they DO NOT make a programmer for Dodge...yet. They forcasted Spring or Summer of 2000 for its release, but even though it is shown in the Summit catalog, Hypertech is not making them.

Also, along the same lines as my original post, has anyone had any experience with the Mopar perf. comp? If so, how can I find out more about it? Thanks again!
---
I am interested in the Power programmer by Hypertech for my 1998 Ram 5.9 automatic. Has anyone had any experience with this unit? Comments? Also, along the same lines, the unit requires a 160 deg tstat, has anyone replaced this part in their 1998 5.9? How easy (difficult) is it to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

By the way, I am new here, and I only found this site by accident. For over a year I have been looking for a forum like this since I was on the Cyclone/Typhoon forum for a few years and found it usually helpful. Looking forward to working with everyone!

-xtant

[This message has been edited by xtant (edited January 12, 2000).]
Old 01-12-2000, 03:33 AM

welcome aboard!!! if you scan the other posts you will find lots of talk on the thermostat some of the posts start off about a 180 thermostat but than go into the 160. stay tuned and your other question will be answered. i don't have that information.
Old 01-12-2000, 02:41 PM
Inactive User

Lightbulb

HyperTech: some people swear by them - some people swear at them. I don't have one, so I can't tell you my personal experience with them.

As far as the t-stat goes; check the 180 thermo discussion - I even posted a "how to" install there. It's not hard at all.

Welcome to the site, come back often, and . . .

------------------
"Good Luck on your project."

Old 01-12-2000, 07:41 PM
Inactive User

I have had experience with the Mopar Performance remanufactured ECM. It made a huge difference in my truck and I didn't have to change the t-stat. The only problem I had was that Mopar didn't make 1 for my model year 97 so I used 1 for a 96. Because the engine tuning changed between the 2 years I had a problem with ping at high RPM (5500). The ECM actually raises the redline and reprograms the timing curve. I just purchased a Jet Stage II 'chip' and changed to a 180 t-stat and I have the same performance w/out the ping. I would recommend the Jet chip to anyone.
Old 01-12-2000, 11:55 PM
Inactive User

xtant,

I just installed a new MP puter about 2 weeks ago and love it. Sure did make a difference. I also have in my 98 5.9 a 160 deg. thermostat and it went in with little trouble, took about 30 mins to install.
Old 01-16-2000, 04:13 AM
Inactive User

I was told by Hypertech that the Power Programmer for the 98 5.9 would not be
avail until Summer 2000. I ordered mine
in Aug 1999, needless to say I cancelled
my order and got a Mopar High Performance
Engine Controller instead. Good Luck with
Hypertech (you will need it)