Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Ram Truck Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-03-1999, 02:43 PM
Inactive User

Question

Do you know - . . . if you install this item, do you have to lose the spare tire mount underneath the truck ?
Old 11-04-1999, 01:40 AM
Inactive User

Yeah, I wondered that myself....I didn't get a real good feelings from the people I talked with, so I stuck with the single 3" out the side. My buddy has a 99 SWB Reg Cab with the roll pan w/cutouts and must carry his spare in the bed....
Old 11-04-1999, 10:51 PM
Inactive User

Wink

I guess I want it all - good looks, style and functionality . . . gotta keep looking
Old 11-05-1999, 06:34 PM
Inactive User

Here's the pic: I found out that "Keystone" makes them and they even sell the exhaust cut outs (if you want them as well.)

Just letting you know . . .

Old 11-05-1999, 07:09 PM
Mopars win..others whine

Just curious if this pan can be used if you have the towing package receiver hitch. My pipes are coming out the back on both sides of the hitch and are 38 1/2 inches apart center to center. I have seen a pan that the license plate folds down and the receiver pocket of the hitch is behind it.
Old 11-06-1999, 01:21 PM
Inactive User

Lightbulb

I have seen this pan used - and what I remember about it was: it had the chrome exhaust tips coming out and a chrome trailer hitch centered right in the middle. So the guy must have figured out a way to do it.

Don't know if you need a special trailer hitch for roll pans - but they must be out there somewhere.

[This message has been edited by RAM MAN (edited November 06, 1999).]
Old 11-09-1999, 08:46 AM
Inactive User

http://www.indyram.org/members/hotz.html

This guy, in Switerland of all places, has got a nice roll pan with the exaust running through them. The best shot is the last pic. I would put the pic here, but I have no idea how.

All I wonder is how much did it cost to get the truck to Europe? And that would be sweet to be a rare Dodge owner running around in the land of BMW's and stuff.

Tony
Old 11-09-1999, 02:23 PM
Inactive User

Cool

Here's the pic for everyone else to enjoy:

And yes, it must be fun to open that RAM up on European highways !!!

With a good "Dremel" bit and a steady hand, I don't know why you couldn't transform any fiberglass pan into one with "exhaust cut outs" . . .

While we are on the subject of body modifications, I am still trying to track down a "Mr Norm's" front bumper. If anyone finds a link or a dealer, PLEASE let me know.

Good luck on your project.

[This message has been edited by RAM MAN (edited November 09, 1999).]
Old 11-09-1999, 03:41 PM
Inactive User

Wink

Here is one more roll pan (sorry - still having fun with my scanner) I know it doesn't have the exhaust cut outs, but you don't see this one too often, and since I like to "dare to be Dodge Different . . . "

This one is made by a company called AEROFORM (although I don't honestly know about their quality or fit / finish) . . . not that I'm knocking them - I just don't know.

Good luck on your project.

[This message has been edited by RAM MAN (edited November 09, 1999).]
Old 02-10-2000, 01:47 PM
Inactive User

Wink

Just to revisit this thought again . . . since the topic came up ! I like the keystone with the dual exhaust look built in, but not everyone has duals straight out the back . . . to each his own !

------------------
"Good Luck on your project."

Old 02-10-2000, 10:59 PM
Inactive User

Exclamation

RAM MAN,
I have the one U pictured... U can use a hidden hitch, U will have to cut out the hole in the center of the license plate depression for the receiver...One draw back to the hitch is that it says its a 5000 lb 500 toung MAX & dosent suggest the usual addition of loadleveling 10,000lb 1000lb toung... The Spare is questionable??? I have a 2500 V10 QC short box, I mounted a avenger tire on the spare wheel & it fits. (i think 225 50 16) If I get a rear flat I'll just have to put the spare on the front & the front tire in place of the flat. The worst part is the cut outs, I want to use 3" exhaust W/ CUDA Tips & I don't think there is enough room to get it by the rear spring hanger. I have seen probably a cheezy 2" installation with 2 round tips but it looked like #$%@. I was thinking about modifing the rear spring hanger to move it up on the frame more when I lower it but SJS440 has my welder so I can't fab the stainless exhaust. As far as fit an finish of the pan its EXCELLENT the best pan I have seen, its a double wall construction.
I was looking at modifing an EXCURSION hitch to get the GVW on the hitch to 10,000 lbs & make more room for the exhaust but no welder.

V10
Old 02-13-2000, 06:58 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info !!!!

------------------
"Good Luck on your project."