Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Ram Truck Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-18-2000, 08:14 AM
Inactive User

Someone else has mentioned a problem with their radio going out, and I was wondering how many are having the same problem. Mine will cut out and go to static. I can hit the scan and it will search for a station without any luck for a long period of time. Eventually it will find a station but in most cases I have reached my distenation. Someone has mention that the a new computer would help. Sound crazy but the door buzzer or fan kicking on can cause the radio to cut out. The point being, I would hate to buy a $300 computer and it be the radio, or pay $300 for a radio and the computer be the problem.....
Old 02-18-2000, 09:10 AM
Addicted Moparchat Member

doesn't sound like anything computer related. i'd think it was something with the radio, or possibly a short somewhere especially if other things turning on in the truck affect it. if it turns out to be your radio, i still have my factory radio. am/fm cassette. it was only in my truck for about 2 weeks, let me know we'll work something out if you want it. or you could just take that 300 for a new factory one, and buy a nice aftermarket one.
Old 02-18-2000, 02:16 PM
Inactive User

My radio had some problems and the dealer just replaced it . . .

------------------
"Good Luck on your project."
Old 02-18-2000, 05:35 PM
Inactive User

Angry

My Infinity AM/FM CD player would cut in and out while adjusting the volume. Also the CD wouldn't play sometimes. The dealer replaced the thing and now the new one is doing it. I told the DC rep about and he said that normal and I'm just turning the volume knob to fast. What the F**K!!!! How can you turn the volume button up fast and have the volume go down. I go see the volume staying the same but not go down. Some times it gets to the point you can't here it. I've heard there is alot of problems with the system. Great sound but not worth $540. Ford has system that sounds as good in the SD's for only $140 or $190.
Old 02-18-2000, 10:49 PM
Inactive User

Wink

Huffy, don't bother with the factory radio - there junk. Go get a nice aftermarket unit & you'll be happy! the computor is not your problem. I replaced the stock radio with a Kenwood I saved from my old truck 2 days after buying my Ram. None of my cars have there orig. radios.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, read the instructions