Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Ram Truck Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-20-2000, 04:23 AM
Banned

Question

I was wondering what you guys thought was better. Mopar's engine controler or Hypertech's programer.
I haven't really heard too much about mopar's chip, except everyone on here says get one, more horse & torque, and you can't tow with it.
I've heard that programable chip is good-- harder shifts, more power, quicker acelleration, raise shift points, eliminate gov., etc. But I have never heard what one does on a dodge. Everyone I've talked to loves them(but owned chevys).
So which one is better? If all the mp chip gives you is quicker acelleration, wouldn't it make more sense to have that, plus a list of other options you can change with the hypertech?? I really don't know to much about either of the chips, so I was just interested in your thoughts.
Old 02-20-2000, 04:50 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs down

Sounds too good to be true, doesn't it....it is too good, Hypertech doesn't work.

The MP Super Computer works great, is guanteed, and is Mopar supported. Hypertech states that you can set all these great things and such.....WRONG!

Remember, the Hypertech is setting a Mopar computer. The software in the computer is coded to use the calibrating factors in a certain way. The Hypertech programmer is only changing the calibration factors which are important (the rev limiter, rear end ratio/tire size stuff works). But the software sees the new calibration factors and based on one new factor, it will change another....it almost offsets what you just changed!!

I could go on and on, but time is moving on and so am I....

You get what you pay for....buy the MP computer.

Mikey

------------------
98 Reg Cab SWB Sport, 360, Auto, 4.10s Sure Grip, Very Red, White Rallye Stripes, Snug Top Fiberglass Red Tonneau Cover, 3" Flowmaster, K&N Gen II, Mopar Magnum R/T (Mopar "Purple" Cam, Trick Flow Pushrods, Roller Rockers & K-Motion Lifters, March Underdrive Pullies, Mopar Super Computer, etc), Belltech 2" Rear Drop, Belltech Antisway Bar, VGX Brakes, California Custom Roll Pan, Billet Ram Hood Emblem

On the way:
1). Kenne Bell Pulse Headers
2). Kenne Bell Supercharger
3). Rims and Tires
Old 02-21-2000, 05:42 AM
Inactive User

Red face

You can't tow with a MP computer? Or, it doesn't do any good having one if you do tow? I confused could someone clear this up.
Thanks!!
Blue
Old 02-24-2000, 06:15 AM
Banned

Thanks for the advise. I am planning on going with the mopar chip. I was wondering is there anything else that anyone could tell me about the mopar chip besides it adds more horse & torque? Does it raise shift points, does it give you firmer shifts, etc.???
Old 02-24-2000, 08:59 AM
Inactive User

Blue Thunder, call the Mopar Performance Tech Line at (248)853-7290. They should be able to answer all your questions.

------------------
~Elwenil~ ~.\|/.~
Elwenil.cjb.net
DodgeChargerSE@aol.com
72 Charger SE
Old 04-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Inactive User

rolleyes mopar chip

I would like to know were i could get a mopar chip. I can not fine a sorce for one
Old 04-29-2009, 11:39 AM

This thread is 9 years old.

Check the Mopar Performance catalog at your dealer.