Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-08-2000, 10:20 PM

I know this is probably a stupid question but currently I have a 340 with a mopar electronic dist with a MSD ingnition. I've heard that I dont need it now. Is this true. If it is, do I just splice the current wiring together from the opposite posts or what would be necessary to properly wire it. I dont want to barbeque anything. thanks..DAVE

------------------
Old 04-08-2000, 10:36 PM

Heres the pin out to the MSD box. The small black wire goes to the coil -. The orange wire goes to the coil +. White wire is not used in electronic setup. small red wire goes to original coil feed from bulkhead (ignition,NO Ballast resistor) Big red goes to Battery +. Big black goes to ground. The distributor leads are: Black to MSD green, and orange to MSD violet. The tach out is a spade connector on the MSD unit. Any questions? http://www.msdignition.com/