Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-24-2000, 03:44 AM
Inactive User

Question

I just bought my flame red R/T CC 3 weeks ago. It was a DC buyback. I have already installed duels (cat back) to 3in collectors, no mufflers. Haven't timed her 1/4 mile yet, but have took out a few guys on the street. My question is this, what should be my next investment, short of a blower, to pick up my Hp and torque? any R/T guys been down this road already that can save me making the wrong moves first?
Any help or advise will be greatly appreciated!!
Also ...why does the truck seem so much faster when its cold, it seems to lose power after the engine warms up after driving?

Old 04-24-2000, 04:22 AM
Inactive User

because it is faster when it's cold,a buddy has one and when at the track he lets it sit as long as he can between runs and it make s a big diff in the ET's.
Old 04-26-2000, 01:59 AM
Inactive User

there's your clue. it probably has more fuel and possibly more timing when its cold.try a cold air/ram air system and anything to richen the fuel curve. as a test, unplug the coolant temp sensor (the one that feeds the computer, not the temp. gauge)and give it a WOT try when its warmed up. the computer will either ignore the sensor alltogether or it will think the engine is not warmed up,and will richen thigs up and make more power. also, use a hi output coil and crack the plug gaps open 5 thou. past stock. be sure to run the highest octane you can get.