Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Classifieds > Parts for Sale > Rear Wheel Drive - Parts for Sale

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-18-2000, 04:09 PM
Inactive User

COMPLETE PACKAGE:
1970-71 Challenger Shaker Hood Setup For 440 Six Pack V8

N.O.S. Shaker Hood w/"Excellent Condition" Trim Ring, Repro Shaker Bonnet and NOS Hood Emblem

Remainder of parts or NOS Items...
Shaker Hood... Six Pack Inner Base Ring & Outer Ring w/OE Attachment Nuts, Shaker Seal, Grilles, Hot & Cold Air Doors, plus Hood Emblem

Price: $7,500.00 Contact MyChall73@aol.com
Old 10-20-2000, 08:40 PM
Inactive User

is that the solid gold setup,or just gold plated?
Old 10-20-2000, 09:11 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

No CLONE stuff here. Just pure N.O.S. (New Old Stock) OE Factory parts that are hard to find.

So you can Clone Me A River, but you cannot get away from the might of the Mississippi.

Same thing for N.O.S.
Old 10-21-2000, 02:41 AM
Inactive User

How about 1,500.00 and a left nut? Try ebay, you might get just that!
Old 10-21-2000, 06:27 PM
Inactive User

Arrow

Sorry, but I don't need your family jewels. They mean nothing to me
Old 10-22-2000, 12:18 AM
Inactive User

Family jewels? I mean one of those rare left hand thread lug nuts!
Old 10-24-2000, 04:23 AM
Banned

Lightbulb

MyChall73 -

The way that you are approaching this whole situation is NOT going to "win" you any friends OR customers?

Just a quick question - do you really think the value of the items you have is priced within reason??

Just MY $ 0000000000.02.
Old 10-24-2000, 02:33 PM
Inactive User

Arrow

Mister Fiberglass...take some friendly advise out of your own book

Being a fiberglass Race Car parts manufacturer you above all others should realize the signifigance of a market economy and also a captive market. Being that you control the product you set the prices, and since the market for fiberglass race car parts is a limited one I'm sure that you don't bat an eye to name your price and stick with it. Likewise for N.O.S. Parts that are had to come by.

Whereas you sell an inferior product to N.O.S. that cannot legally be installed on a car driven on the street because of Crash & Safety laws your attempt to come off as a Guardian Angel and defender of low prices is mute. It is even funny. Have you ever heard the phrase...

"That's like the pot calling the kettle black!".

As a businessman of Aftermarket Parts, if you were to offer a repro Shaker Hood in Fiberglass what would be your price. Would you sell it for less than what you have determined Fair Market Value. No way! It would be interersting to know your price for such an item. Ditto for a repro metal Shaker Hood, a Used Shaker Hood etc... right up the line.

So, Mister Firberglass I dare you to list your price for a repro fiberglass Shaker and anyone else who has a repro metal Shaker, Used Shaker etc...

What I'm selling is never before installed OE Factory N.O.S. Shaker Hood and all the trimings. What are you selling? A bunch of BS !!!
Old 10-25-2000, 09:03 PM
Inactive User

lets just change your name to MYCHALLENGE7500.00
Old 10-25-2000, 10:53 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Well ColorMeCLOWN, this just goes to show how anal you really are, posting bullshit on all my ads. Now I know what you do with your spare time.

You are like a dog with his nose up everyone's ass! I guess you like the smell.
Old 10-28-2000, 07:27 PM

This is just plain ignorant. If he wants to ask too much for his parts, just let him. If somebody is stupid enough to pay the price, that's their problem.

I don't come here to see the two of you having a pissing contest.

------------------
Ed - MoPower

'96 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT CC 360 4X4
'68 Charger 383-4
'69 Coronet 500 Convertible 440-4
Old 10-29-2000, 12:27 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

ehostler

You are the first intelligent person online whose view I respect. Thank you!
Old 10-29-2000, 12:50 AM
Inactive User

Smile

LOL http://www.moparchat.com/ubb/biggrin.gif
Old 10-29-2000, 07:44 AM
Inactive User

What a Bargain...... thats so cheap someone needs to get that and just set it in their room and brag to everyone how much they bought it for.. is that one that last one in existence or ???
Old 10-29-2000, 07:08 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Since everyone needs a course in Economics 101. I've enclosed this little old thing from a Mopar enthusiast who is educated.

It comes from the MoparMailingList.com

The author is zimbar@cts.com

Hi All,
At the risk of setting a "...bid too much on ebay..." rant, I just want to say how happy I am that I out bid my fellow ebay-ers with a bid of $315. for the completely restored 69 Charger grille "I" trim. I know some of you may look at my bid and say "Man, you NUTS!!!" Well, I just want to say, (Having just completed a college course in Economics), it's just a very good example of Supply and Demand. I had an outstanding demand for this trim part and found no supply available. With unlimited demand, and scarce supply, price will rise!

I believe gentleman, that says it all!
Old 10-30-2000, 01:19 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs down

Watch out.. He has a $7500 shaker scoop and he teaches economics101!! Oh yeah.. and his quote about all this stuff is "Welcome to America!" which he personally emailed me.. nice guy.
Old 10-30-2000, 04:02 PM
Inactive User

Mopar1970440

Maybe you need to go back to school and learn how to read...

I'm not just selling a Shaker Scoop... It is the complete NOS Shaker Hood Setup.

You can try to twist words but in the end all that you are twisting is yourself up inside into a knot because you are a bullshit artist.

Maybe if your mom would have changed your diapers when they needed to be changed, you wouldn't be so cranky about things that you have really no interest in. Self doubt is all that you are about.
Old 10-31-2000, 01:50 AM
Inactive User

hey 440 leave him alone and let him peddel his platinum.
Old 10-31-2000, 10:11 PM
Inactive User

I hate to get involved in such a pissing contest but since I have been wheeling and dealing Mopar parts for over 25 years I believe that you might just get that much for your hood.
I have seen Hemi cars go from $100 yard ornaments in the late 70's to $100,000 show cars in the mid 90's.Parts for these cars have also had a dramatic increase in price.Reproductions of the shaker hoods sell in the $1500 range(and thats just the hood without all the small parts)Air grabber hoods have increased from $150 to the $1000+ range.Challenger R/T hoods have gone from $50 up to the $450 range.Of course a lot of parts have had incredible increases in the last 5 years.The Dart GTS hoods have quadrupled in price in the last 3 years.
When you consider that actual "Muscle Cars" probably made up less than 3% of total production and when you couple that with the fact that very few cars came from the factory with the Shaker option and then consider the 25 or 30 years of abuse that these cars recieved and then you can begin to realize just how rare a piece like this is.So if you consider the fact that a used example of this hood with all of the parts would probably be expected to bring $1500-$2000 and of course NOS parts usually command a much higher price,usually 3 or 4 times higher than good used parts so suddenly $7500 doesnt seem like a crazy price with all things considered.
Granted that normal guys like you and I would only stare in amazement if we saw someone pay that much for a part like this,But there are people involved in this hobby that CAN and WILL buy these parts without batting an eye.
Its easy for people to nitpick a guy who is trying to get big money out of a part like this but before they get on the computor and shower him with insults and snide remarks they should think that if THEY owned these parts,What would THEY sell them for? I can assure you that when the shoe is on the other foot that they would have a completly different view of its value.
I have personaly sold NOS air filter elements for a Hemi for $150 each over 10
years ago,I have seen T/A breathers sell for $1200 and hemi crossram breathers sell for $2500 and up.Just this year an NOS 71 CUDA grille sold for $3500 on e-bay.
Another thing to consider is that just because he ASK $7500 for it doesnt mean that someone is going to give him $7500 for it.When dealing for parts you always price high to give the buyer a chance to beat you up on the price a little so he can feel like he got a better deal.
I dont think that anyone should get this type of response for his ad,If you think that the guy is crazy or whatever you should just THINK IT and not share it with everyone else.Maybe his deal is not aimed at you,maybe he is fishing for the bigger fish,I know that I couldnt possibly buy anything like this but I also know that there are people out there who can and they have computors just like us and they sit around looking for that special something that would set their car apart from everybody elses and I really believe that one of them will pay this much for his hood without thinking twice about it.
Old 10-31-2000, 10:33 PM
Inactive User

well guys.. like a few ... i posted a reply about his part.. just joking around actually.. and Mychall73 starts emailing my personal email about economics101 and how im stupid and or course using profanity. and im not twisting your words around at all..as you said to me Mychall73 in an email "Welcome to America"
Old 11-01-2000, 01:30 AM
Inactive User

To Mopar1970440
Did you ever hear the old saying, "What Is good for the goose is good for the gander".

If two people don't know each other, and one of them delivers a cheap shot then expect one in return. Since it seems the nature of being online.

To Hemichuck,
Thanks! You are the first logical and rational person online I've ran across yet. Your point is valid.

To All Others,
If you can show me another NOS part for sale like I have listed and prove that my price is out of line I'm all for it.
Old 11-01-2000, 02:33 AM
Inactive User

Just thinking here. Say you did pay $7500 ( and I'm not saying it's not worth it) for the set up. You paint the hood your car color. Install the whole set up. A month later you take it all off. What is it worth then?
Old 11-01-2000, 04:26 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Darrell,
Good question!

But here is another question...
Why would you take off something you just paid for and installed a month later?

ANSWER: To put it on a more valuable car!

Personally, I purchased every single N.O.S. Sheetmetal and Trim part not to sell but install on a 30 year old car, so I would have a brand new Old Classic that I wouldn't have to worry about any rust problems for another 30 years.

So, the moral of the story is N.O.S. parts is the only way to insure that a restoration is done properly and have no fear of rust ever costing you another dime.