Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-01-2000, 04:51 PM
Inactive User

Angry

Well i know that my tranny is majorly adjusted wrong!!! Yesterday the tranny locked up in 3rd gear and i couldn't get it out! We adjusted it enough to free it up but we need to know how to adjust it!!!

I need to know how to adjust everything!???!!! I need to know how to adjust the rods and the cluch! IT's a centerforce diaphram cluch! Can anyone help me on my adjustment?????? I need to know everything i need to do! My father knows pretty much about this but even he isn't sure!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

------------------
Own a mean h*ll ras'n 70' 340 Dart Swinger, w/ a mean 318 cammmed and all the add on's! 15" Rear rallys, 3.91 posi, diaphram cluch,hurst 4-speed and extra keep adding on!
Old 05-01-2000, 05:40 PM
Inactive User

The way to adjust the shifter is to get all three rods even and in the center of the shifter's action. The way that you adjust the rods is to take the pin that holds the rod to the shifter out and turn the pin on the threaded rod the get the approiate length. Again, line all three levers up and center them. Also make sure that the bolts on the shifting levers on the transmission are tight also and that there is not much slack. Also make sure that the bolts that hold the shifter to the trans are tight. Good luck!
Old 05-02-2000, 03:31 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by Dart_340_Swinger:
Well i know that my tranny is majorly adjusted wrong!!! Yesterday the tranny locked up in 3rd gear and i couldn't get it out! We adjusted it enough to free it up but we need to know how to adjust it!!!

I need to know how to adjust everything!???!!! I need to know how to adjust the rods and the cluch! IT's a centerforce diaphram cluch! Can anyone help me on my adjustment?????? I need to know everything i need to do! My father knows pretty much about this but even he isn't sure!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

put the levers on the tranny in the neutaral positions..(in the middle on 1-2 and 3-4 and forward on R-N) the shifter levers have small holes in center ....line up all with notch on shift housing and stick a nail or pin in to hold all in place......then rotate threaded adjusters till prper length and stick on cotter pins.....

as for clutch......adjust for 3/16" travel of fork tll contact of bearing with clutch fingers... that should give about 1 to 1 1/2" of pedal free play..
Old 05-02-2000, 02:22 PM
Inactive User

Red face

Does anyone else have any info on the cluch adjustment! I will adjust my cluch tonight and i hope the tranny wasn't ruined!!!!??? Well see!!!!
Old 05-02-2000, 11:59 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs down

does anyone think i wrecked the tranny when it locked up in 3rd gear! I still need to adjust it any other tips i should know!!!