Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-05-2000, 03:57 AM

I'm running a 440 6 pack car in Denver CO. and having a fun time tuning them for the altitude difference from AZ. I've tried different Jetting...but cannot get the car to run correctly, anybody have suggestions?

Old 05-05-2000, 11:04 PM

I need to ask what your base line is now.
timing number and are you running vaccume adv or just mech, style of ign, idle mix screw placement, acelerator pump clearence at WOT, pump cam color and slot number, shooter number. also need to know if you unhooked the 2ndarys and just tried the center carb. You need to get this going good first before you go for the 2ndarys. Basically what is your current base line and what have you tried. These are just a few questions that need to be addressed before I could even try to answer them. Also what condition do you currently have that is not working to your satisfaction. Being on a different altitude may be a whole new ball game or maybe something else is coincidently affecting the performance and your assuming its the air. Let us know. PS.....knowing these guys they will have your problem solved before you even give out this info but for me to try I need it..good luck.
DAVE

------------------
Old 05-06-2000, 09:55 PM
Inactive User

when i moved from Colorado Springs to Missouri the floats in mine had to be re-adjusted,(pressure difference??) cause they kept bleeding over into the throat, but i never had a real problem until i came to Nevada. be glad to here what they say as it may effect me also
Dave is right though, start by disconnecting the outers until you've got the center the way you want it, then adjust the linkage/springs for the outers from there

Little boys wear bow-ties and flat heads are for nerds - get real or go home

[This message has been edited by mauve66 (edited May 06, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by mauve66 (edited May 06, 2000).]
Old 05-07-2000, 02:54 AM

I've never had to deal with an altitude change but I would think if the change is great enough, a change in performance seems to make sense since air pressure will change flow charactoristics which is a major factor of a carb.
Personally if it was me I think I would go thru the exercise to rebase line everything making sure to get the center carb running mint first. A change in air pressure would probably play hell with everything and depending on how it was set up before it may have already been border line and the change in altitude could really be adding in the variable or like I said earlier it could be something else.
I agree with mauve66 on starting with the float level then working your way down thru the system to eliminate variables....let us know whats happening.....DAVE

------------------