Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-18-2001, 12:31 AM
Inactive User

Cool

Let us hope that a Dodge no matter which driver it is wins Daytona 500( the Super Bowl of Nascar). I really want to see those Phord and Chebbie guys crie and say how much of a disadvantage they had against the Dodge. My thought is they're going to have a tough time . Bill may have finished 12th in the shootout ,but he didn't have a draft partner and stayed with the pack ,and let's don't forget Sterling winning the first race of the 125's, I think the non-Dodge drivers are going to get their eyes wide open Sunday.
Old 02-18-2001, 12:59 AM

I would love to see the Dodges go out dominate. But you have to keep in mind, Daytona is a very, very close race no matter who has the advantage. Winning the Daytona 500 is a matter of being in the right position at the right time. Those positions are constantly changing through out the entire race. If the Dodges can stay close with each other and draft with each other and keep them selves up front and try break away from the rest of the pack, I think tey will have a great oppurtunity to win it. Come race day, everyone, including Phord and Chebby, will remove there masks and everone will see what they really look like. Elliot took 12th in the Shootout, but I don't think he was trying to win it. I think he was just testing to see how well the car drafted with the other brand "X" cars. I would have to say I beleive the Dodges are sandbagging a little to keep NASCAR from cutting them back on anything.

Go DODGE

Sly
Old 02-18-2001, 01:20 AM

Something else I just thought of. You have to remember that just because you might have the best car out on the track doesn't mean you going to win. Those guys on teams that taking care of getting the cars setup and performing on the pitstops have to perform flawlessly as well. If they don't.......well I'm going to say it because I'm gonna be the one jinxes them.

Sly
Old 02-18-2001, 02:59 AM
Inactive User

I will be rooting for any Dodge, but I would realy like to see Petty win this one....But I will be happy and very proud of what the Dodge teams have done even if one doesn't win. GO DODGE
Old 02-18-2001, 06:31 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

I'm happy with Daytona 500 ,Dodge finished with respect ,Dale E. pretty much took him self out ,to keep Sterling M. from winning . Let's don't forget Ward B. he was making a good showing and more than likelywould have had a great chance of winning if he wouldn't been in the beginning of the 18 car pile up,thanks to Robby Gordon ,who should go back to Indy cars and stay there .That's my opionon there.All and all ,I'm happy with the results.By the way ,Where was Bill E.? I'm not very impressed with him. His team mate, Casey Atwood , may a better run than he did, not bad for a rookie.

maddog
Old 02-18-2001, 06:45 PM

I beleive Bill Elliot played it smart. He has a lot of experience when it comes to winning Daytona. His crew cheif said Bill was staying in the back until the race winded down. He probably already knew there were going to be some impatient drivers causing big problems. In case you didn't notice, Bill started working his way up through the field within the last 50 laps. He was doing the same thing Bobby Labonte and Dale Jarrett were doing. Let everyone else beat the crap out of each other and keep yourself fresh, then after everyone else has been beaten up, go steal the victory with a car that is better shape to win the race. I think he would have done better if he would have gotten out from behind Ricky Rudd. Rudd was holding him up and he couldn't down on the inside where he have possibly drafted towards the front with Marlin. Bill Elliot did good because he drove smart.

Sly
Old 02-18-2001, 11:32 PM
Inactive User

Unhappy

I remember them saying that now ,they all stayed back there to let the others beat it out .Don't get me wrong, it was almost a good race .I feel bad for the Earnhardt Family,Dale payed the ultimate price today.when I made the last post eairlier I didn't know he died.At least he left at doing something he loved.It's sad he didn't get to celebrate the win Micheal Waltrip got with his new team.I may be a Dodge fan ,I would never wish this for anyone .It's no fun when when someone dies.It is a very sad day for Nascar.

maddog