Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-18-2001, 07:13 PM
Inactive User

Angry

Nice job of the Chebbie guys of blocking.Mopar's were fast all day.They knew we were gonna win this race.That's the one thing I hate about NASCAR.
Old 02-18-2001, 08:25 PM
Addicted Moparchat Member

yeah, i don't really agree with that style of racing to that extent, but what an unselfish move on the earnhart's part. unfortunatle one payed with his life...
Old 02-19-2001, 02:58 PM
Self proclaimed expert

You have to race for the season, not just one race. The Dodges are strong but they aren't established yet. It's better to have a bunch of top ten finishes with no wins than to have all your cars rolled up in little balls. They are going to have to take it easy for a while. If Earnhardt would have known that last move would kill him he wouldn't have made it. He could afford to lose his car and get his teamate and son a 1-2 victory though. When our boys are comfortable with their setups and know they won't be driving for Dominoes Pizza if they wipe out, then there will be Dodges up front protecting each other and driving aggressively.

I am not saying Earnhardt wanted to knock Marlin out of the race or cause a wreck, I am saying he knew he could miss out on third place if it would ensure two of his cars placed 1 and 2.

I would much rather have seen a Dodge 1,2,3 finish like in days gone by Maybe we will see it again soon and often