Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-19-2001, 10:33 AM
Self proclaimed expert

First things first. My truck is stock except for plugs and a 180 thermostat. Well, tonight I'm heading downtown and the car in front of me slows down to turn of the road. I look in my rearview mirror and there is a ricerocket (BIKE) riding my bumper like he's stuck to me. As the car in front of me turns I decide to nail it even though the bike will blow by me like I'm not there. Surprise!! I see him lean over and start to pass and then he tucks back in. He had a long stretch and oncoming traffic was a ways down the road. He just didn't seem to be able to get it opened up enough. I stayed on it and entered a turn at 95mph with him tucked in my back pocket. I pull out the far side of the turn and he's about 4 carlengths further back. Surprise!! I actually pulled away in the turn. I knew this just didn't seem right. I couldn't see the Probe that was behind him when I looked back. The girl in my passenger seat had a firm grip on both OH SHOOT Handles, so I backed down to about 85 and he finally passed me on a long straight. I stayed close behind him and the Probe that was behind us finally caught back up a ways down the road. When the bike passed me I found out why he couldn't get around me. he had a girl on the back!! I am still impressed that my truck could fend him off and pull away at 95 in a tight turn. Apparantly he was impressed also. We hit a redlight and as I pulled up beside him he gave me a big friendly thumbs up. Unfortunately the slowmaro in front of me blocked me long enough for the probe to get around me (AARGH!) I didn't have much trouble catching up though.

A fun time was had by all and I know he would have completely killed me if he didn't have a passenger. But to have a guy on a bike recognize the run I gave, that just felt great.
Old 02-21-2001, 11:09 PM
Inactive User

lol... sounds like it was fun Guam. I beat a harley with my Indy pace... but thats a harley. its nice to know some people still respect real power... not 'sticker' power.
Old 02-22-2001, 09:45 AM
Self proclaimed expert

I raced a buddies Sportster and we were really even. I thought he would blow my doors off but he only pulled ahead by a length and then we ran even to about 90. If I would have manually shifted and really nailed my launch we would have ran dead even atleast.