Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-21-2001, 03:00 PM
Inactive User

Angry

I was just watching CNN and they had a interveiw with Sterling Marlin, he says hes not happy with what happend to #3, but all week long hes been getting Death Threats from Earnhardt fans..
That just pisses me off to hear that , come on people threating someone elses life isnt going to bring back DE. Everyone one who is a NASCAR nut , fan or not of Earnhardt we all feel saddend for what happened..
So we all need to pray for ALL the drivers that are still with us, and pray that we dont lose another driver on the track like what happend Sunday. Marlin now has to live knowing or not if he was the cause of the accident, and thats a BIG burden to live with, in my opinon it was noones fault ,it was just a freak thing.

P.S. Marlin said he is still racing this weekend in N.C.
Old 02-21-2001, 03:37 PM
Self proclaimed expert

well, there is a reason they call them "ACCIDENTS" I'm glad to hear he will race.
Old 02-21-2001, 05:41 PM

It infuriated me to read that in the paper today, about Marlin getting death-threats and hatemail. It's obvious NONE of these fools who are stirring up the mess have even seen the tape of the accident. Even the damned local paper misrepresented the facts. Watch the tape, you will see that Marlin stayed right in his lane, he didn't move in either direction, and that Earnhardt pulled into him. It is a disgusting shame that people will attack an innocent man without knowing the facts. Marlin put on a very impressive run in Daytona, he deserves to be PRAISED for giving Dodge such an excellent showing.

Earnhardt wasn't called the Intimidator for nothing, he drove hard and that is how he died.

Too many people want a scapegoat, they don't want to believe their HERO made a mistake, well he did and he paid the ultimate price for it. Don't make a bad situation worse by ripping down an innocent man because of it.

Sam
http://marlin.jeph.net/
Old 02-21-2001, 08:41 PM
Inactive User

Post I agree ...

I agree stongly with marlin, Im behind Sterling Marlin 110% everyone needs leave him alone, and not threating his life. Its very childish to be doing such a thing. Yes, Dale Earnhardt was/is a great NASCAR legend, but come on people STOP the childish threats, see what really makes me mad is if this happened to someone else instead of Dale, none this threating wouldnt be happening, its all because Earnhardt is a legend.. In my opinoin they are all great drivers in NASCAR and all should be respected like Earnhardt was...
Old 02-22-2001, 05:21 PM
Inactive User

Angry

That is so candy fannied. Nascar always has been and always will be a very dangerous sport. I've never been a DE fan,( personally he reminded me a sawedoff runt with a chip on his shoulder), but he was one of the best ever out there. ( how many guys will take one of their hands off the wheel to flipoff a rookie at 180 mph in traffic), I feel very bad for him and his family and Sterling. But the bottom line is, had the situation been reversed, DE wouldn't have been so patient. He has caused people to crash several times during his career because they weren't fast enough, and I bet he would have bumped Sterling. From everything I saw, DE let up and Sterling didn't catch it in time. I haven't seen the tapes, I was just watching the race live. It doesn't surprise me out of GM fans though- remember Wayne County???
I think Sterling could use our support, anybody got an e-mail address for his team??
Old 02-22-2001, 06:49 PM
Inactive User

I agree. The way I saw it, Earnhardt lived by the sword and died by it and that's the bottom line.
He was doing a skillful job of blocking and it caught up with him when he made an error. Thats right Earnhardt fans, he made a mistake and caused the accident. Now leave Sterling Marlin alone and start apologizing to Ken Schraeder.
Old 02-23-2001, 01:39 AM

Default Sad state

Hello;

#3 has a history of forcing a bad situation, no one rembers the race, where he spun Mr T Labonte to win the race and was boo'd by the whole crowd. He had a smug look like "did I do something ?". The man was not a angel by any means, his antics endangered other drivers for no good reason, but some people just seem to get away with anything and there are no reprisals. This is just my opinion. His death is untimely and might have been avoidable, alas his time was up. I feel for his family no one deserves to lose a loved one. We all lose loved ones in our lifetime. Mr Marlin, Mr Schraeder did nothing wrong had the roles been reversed Mr. Earnhardt would have pushed the issue possably spinning the other car.
Old 02-23-2001, 09:24 AM
ram1500

Those fools blaming Sterling Marlin for Dale's death are a bunch of a$$holes!!!! I've always been a Dale Earnhardt fan and I don't blame Marlin for what happened, he never tried to wreck Dale.
Old 02-24-2001, 02:51 AM
Inactive User

Red face

NASCAR.COM go to DRIVERS.Sterling needs all our support!Even the nascar page reported "Marlin got up into to Dale" WHAT BULLST!!!!! The way he was boxed in when Rusty closed the gap it took air off the spoiler and DALE GOT LOOSE and its real hard to see for sure if Sterling even touched him or not but he looked like he was getting it back when Rusty tapped him enough to turn him up for good!Rusty was just racin too and Kenny never seemed to backoff a bit either!Dale was a carnut so he was familiy we lost a member R.I.P. DALE-WE'LL MISS YA CHAMP!
Old 02-24-2001, 09:09 AM
Inactive User

Angry

Marlin not the only one getting death threats.thatsracin.com is reporting that Bill Simpson owner of the seatbelt company is now getting death threats.
Old 02-25-2001, 01:33 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up MY INPUT

i have watched the replay of the "wreck" over & over--marlin didn't touch dale. the replay shows dale's front end diving to the inside----if he were hit in the left rear--where marlin was--the rear of dale's car would have moved up the track--it did not move-also when dale's car started up track in a slide--from what i seen, he did not make an effort to counter steer-it did not appear to me that the steering tires ever turned to compensate for the lose of control--my point is--with dales history of blacking-out, could he have had another black-out as before? i am a true blue mopar fan & i am so glad that dodge is back-but first of all, i do not watch a race with the hopes of a wreck to thrill me. and those that do--god help them. best wishes to the family of a great racer and lets not loose what is most important--dale was a father and a husband and a person--god bless
sterlin marlin ---you did nothing wrong
Old 02-28-2001, 06:42 PM
Inactive User

Hey guys, I was at the race and saw the wreck happen. In fact we watched everything set up coming out of turn 3 into turn 4. Dale was making that Chevy as wide as he could. Michael Waltrip, Dale Jr., and Sr. had FAST cars, but Marlin had the car to beat that weekend. Coming out of turn 4 Marlin was on the bottom of the track Dale was running the center lane (no mans land) and Kenny Schrader was high. Dale drop down on Marlin, but there was NO CONTACT between the 3 and the 40 cars. Dale got loose and went to the wall. It didn't look like a bad hit. As soon as he hit the wall, Dale's spotter was calling his name on the radio repeatedly. I was listening on my scanne, There was no response, at all. Schrader got out of his car to try to help, and Richard Childress radioed to Mike skinner to take an extra lap and try to find out what's going on. It wasn't good. I then heard, as we were leaving the stands, that they were using the jaws of life on Earnhardt's car to get him out. There was still no word from Earnhardt on the radio. When they put the tarp on Dale's car we know it was serious.
We were at Sweetwaters in Port Orange, Fl. sitting around the bar rerunning the racewith a bunch of other NASCAR fans when the news that Dale died came over the air. The whole place became quiet. It was unreal.
I was not an Earnhardt fan. Far from it, But I am a NASCAR fan, and a fan of most kinds of AMERICAN motor sports. Wheather you loved him of hated him, Earnhardt made every race exciting. Richaed Petty, David Pearson, Bobby Allison, Darrell Waltrip, and Cale Yarborough all won more races than Earnhardt, AJ Foyt drove more kinds of cars in more types of races, but nobody made it more exciting than Dale Earnhardt. Argue his greatness all you want, But give the man his due. NASCAR will not be the same without him.
I loved to hate him every Sunday, and I'm going to miss that.
He died doing what he was best at, and loved doing. I hope I'm that lucky when my time comes.