Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-31-2000, 04:06 PM
Inactive User

I have a 69 fury III and am interested in getting stiffer torsion bars. Cop ones would be nice but are hard to find. It has a small block in it now. But eventually a big block. I need some advice.
Old 06-01-2000, 05:34 AM

I'd wait untill you drop in the bb. Then crank them up. If you don't like them then you can spend the money. Mopar Performance sells several sizes. I can list them if you need some examples.
Old 06-02-2000, 04:22 AM
Inactive User

Squad,
To the best of my knowledge, there are exactly two (2) T-bar diameters for you, SB size & BB size. BB bars would help handling now, & be pretty much mandatory for street use after the Awesome Project 440 goes in. I'm pretty sure the cop rides got standard BB bars. I'd love to measure some though.
Toolman, if there's more, I'd sure love to hear about 'em. I'm doing a '65 300 & suspension upgrade info is rare. My M-P catalogue lists boatloads (no pun intended) for A & B bodies, but nothing for C's. Guess the intense interest in 4500 lb. performance cars must'a slipped right past 'em. (Sarcasm)
My current concern is the goof-ball front swaybar mount. Rear bar can be handled with some Ford (!) axle-mounted center links & a couple pieces of 2" angle welded to the frame for end-link mounts, then find a correct-length bar under something else. I used a 70's T-Bird bar, if memory serves (this helped a bunch). Bar's like 5/8", but it made a big difference with cop wheels & real tires. However the front setup has me stymied. Any tips here? BTW, if I had ADDCO money I wouldn't be askin'.
Enjoy,
Scott
Old 06-03-2000, 02:54 PM
Inactive User

Ah C body questions. I would give some info on torsion. But I gotta find them also! Not sure about the '65, but I ordered a rear sway from PST for my wife's '68 9 pass T-n-C wagon. Tighten up the car a whole lot. At the same time I also rebuilt the front end and swap in disc brakes from a 73 Newport. However if pushed hard the wagon will try to swap ends. Not good for a grocery getter. I'm also pretty sure the cops hard BB bars in their ride. Who makes the bars for MP? Think they might make a run if you contactd them personally? Just gotta find out who it is though Any body in C land find any thing out, keep us posted. I have a 70 Newport Conv orig a 383 magnum, that I had the engine rebuilt. And of course I have to rebuild that front end to. Can't find a donor car for disc brakes yet. However as a side thought, Hot Rod did a 4 wheel disc brake set up on a 71 Fury. Didn't have to use the green axel bearings either! I Think stainless steel brakes has the kit. Hope this gave some ideas.
Old 06-04-2000, 06:11 PM
Inactive User

I was just at a junk yard and noticed a 73 town and country wagon, and I think a fury wagon, had a larger diameter front sway bar than my 69 four door.

[This message has been edited by Squad (edited June 04, 2000).]