Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Circle Track Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-27-2001, 11:40 PM
Inactive User

Arrow

What do you guys think so far. The funny bars are where the fenders pin on

This is the view the chevy guys will see this year. That is why I powdercoated it bright red as that is what they will see in their eyes. LOL

This is a bad shot but this is the car. I am happy to have wheels on because I recieved this car as a parted out shell and had to roam the junkyards in freezing temps so I can finish it in time so I can start reskinning my other car.
Old 02-28-2001, 07:37 PM

The car looks good. I attached my k-member to the cage by welding a across the gap. I wanted to tie it in that much better. I see that you tied the right front back to the left rear from what I can see in the photo. I left my front fender liners in my car. I was concerned about having enough strength at that time. I would cut them out like you did if I were to build it again today. I didn't see any form of additional cross member by the top radiator hose outlet on the engine to tie the shock towers together (hold them apart). The chassis will load the right front shock tower quite hard as it serves as the upper control arm mount also.
Old 03-03-2001, 08:50 PM
Inactive User

Oh that Bar is removable for engine removal ease. The radiator will be hung from that bar and it will pull out with the bar. My dads mod was that way and I used that idea on my car. The shock mounts are welded up the side of the two bars on each side. Hard to see in the photo
Old 03-06-2001, 07:24 PM

The bar I was thinking of would cross between the carb and the upper radiator hose. It would keep the cage tied together behind the radiator mount. It would have to be removable, obviously. I ran the front bar of the pair that tie into the shock tower down to my K-member. I wanted to tie the whole thing together in one piece.
Old 03-08-2001, 06:28 PM
Inactive User

Arrow

Yeah I have thought that one out a bit and When the motor is all installed and running i will put that in. As for now the car has not had a motor in it yet and I have not seen a small block car yet to go off of. I have aslo got an airbox that fits flush to the hood and pulls air from the Interior that will go on there so I think that it will be to far forward to be effective.