Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-03-2001, 04:00 AM
Inactive User

Exclamation

hello there friends,
getting up to 120mph for extended period of time say for 20 miles or less ,after slowing dawn car feels heavy and sick oil pressure dawn and water temp higher ,checked the oil and it has increased in volume color is the same but had gasoline smell to it can anyone help please.......
Old 03-03-2001, 04:28 AM
Inactive User

After 10 minutes of running at 120 MPH, I'm not at all surprised that your temperature is up, that sounds completely normal. Added heat will also thin your oil, causing pressure to drop once the revs fall off. Finally, extra heat reduces the density of the intake charge, that could cause your power to drop off. But an increase in oil volume and a gasoline smell is not normal at all. I'd say you've got two things going on - excessive blow-by and an over rich condition that's blowing raw fuel past your rings into the crankcase. I'd start with a compression and leakdown test to see if you may need new rings. How many miles on the engine? How many miles at 120 MPH? What RPM are you turning at that speed? Is that legal in Kuwait? Oh, wait a minute. That last question won't help solve your problem, but I'm really curious anyway.
Old 03-03-2001, 04:08 PM
Inactive User

Smile hello

well that's exactly what I thought ,
but I have a 2k Drang it has 12000 miles on it cant believe this would happen so quick anyway thanks for the prompt reply ,,,
I think I have a intake valve problemif gas is getting in there so it must be the head because when im driving under normal conditions everything is fine this only happens when im up there in the 4000 rpm for extended period of time as for the speed limit the police here rely on the speed camera they have installed couple months ago , non are working rite now they all have bullet holes in them.