Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-16-2000, 03:26 AM
Inactive User

Does anyone know a company that sells complete exhaust kits for an A body with a small block? From the headers back including an H or X pipe crossover. Iv been lookin all over the net without any luck. Im not opposed to making my own system, does anyone know where i can get a premade X crossover, i remember seeing one in a catlog but cant find it. Thanks in advance for any help.

[This message has been edited by Thalidomide (edited June 15, 2000).]
Old 06-16-2000, 06:13 PM

Cool

Give tti in CA a call. Their number is 909-371-4878. tti sells complete exhaust kits for A, B and E bodies that are mandrel bent aluminized steel tubing. If I remember correctly their kits only come with the "H" pipe style of cross over. When you call them you might ask if they happen to know where you can purchase a "X" pipe style of cross over.

Best of luck on your project.

HV
Old 06-16-2000, 06:23 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin

YO

If ya want a little web info
Check out http://www.chryslerpower.com/headers.html

They show a TTI setup and list some prices.

BBD
Old 06-18-2000, 12:46 AM
Inactive User

Cool

Go to www.accurateltd.com/ ! Talk to Tom Swope, their salesman, & a diehard Mopar man who runs a BB Dart. I got their tail pipes for a spring relocation kit, plus the Magna-Flow muffs & resonators for my 68 Dart; Fit was right & boy, is it quiet n spite of the fact that you can look right through those mufflers! They will custom make anything you want, & GET THIS, they make it on a real car!!! I made my own "X" by having a local muffler shop bend up 2 45° pieces. Then I cut the outer side of the bend, about 6" long, on each & welded them together. I think the whole "X" thing cost me about $15, as opposed to the Mr. Gass "X", which I've seen advertised for as much as $200!!! Accurate will also make an "H" but an "X" is better.

<font size=4 color=990033>DB</font>

------------------
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it
Old 06-18-2000, 06:10 AM
Inactive User

Question

OK, somebody has got to ask, Thalidomide, how did you come to using this for a name? As I recall it was a drug used in the 50s to control morning sickness that was found to cause birth defects. Is there a story behind your choice? Maybe I should not of asked.
Old 06-18-2000, 06:59 AM
Inactive User

Well you were right on the source of my name. It was the name of my old band before we broke up. There is a story on how we came up with that name but i think its better to not tarnish my reputation with such filth. After all kids will be kids.

Hedmen headers makes a universa fit X crossover but im not sure how universal it is.
Its part # 18813
if anyone has used this or has any experience with it please inform me of how well it fits and all the other necessary info i might need to use one.

[This message has been edited by Thalidomide (edited June 18, 2000).]
Old 06-18-2000, 05:17 PM
Inactive User

Ok thats cool, some of these names are thought provoking and interesting.
If you are good at fabricating or have an exhaust shop that likes to do custom stuff nearby, the universal stuff may work. The trick would be to make it look like it is not universal stuff and fit the underbody of your car.
I'm with dbdartman on this one, Tom Swope at Accurateltd. can make you a custom setup to fit your car. I assume he can do it with headers also, he does it if you are using non original X manifolds by using tha casting numbers.
Old 06-18-2000, 06:03 PM
Inactive User

Iv looked into accurateltd cutout H pipes. If i go with any premade kit that'll probably be the one. But when it comes to the headers is where my new problem is. The headers on the car have seen better days. Ill probably get a new set before I get the exhaust so if you know of any headrs that will just fit without any major modifications let me know. I want to keep the power steerign and brakes and the A/C and all the other stuff like that. Are there any headers out there like that. 3 inch collectors are preferred. Thanks for all your help.
Old 06-19-2000, 05:46 AM

Angry

Last two Hooker Super Comp headers I installed needed the holes drilled because they didn't line up. The gaskets they supplied were the same thing. The bolts had to be modified to fit. One bolt I was fighting, the threads went completely around and met themselves, it could never be threaded on. It was the wierdest thing I ever saw on a bolt on part. It took 15 minutes of trying before I actually looked at the threads on the bolt. That's the last set I'll buy from them.