Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-05-2001, 04:51 PM
Addicted Moparchat Member

Unhappy

if you haven't heard, their was another incident today in CA where a kid walked into a highschool and opened fire. already one dead and many others injured...
Old 03-05-2001, 05:08 PM
Inactive User

Angry

I can already hear the anti-gun pukes beating their war drums now,,What a shame,seems like the old days of settling it one on one in the school yard has been replaced with school property gunwarfare,,One would only have to wonder where these kids parents were all along during their lives that they got to this point,,Sorry for all those who lost someone during this latest tragedy!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2001, 05:32 PM
ram1500

Angry

What has gotten into the minds of kids these days? Somebody pisses somebody off and how do they settle it, some stupid pea-brained son of a b*tch brings a gun to school the next day! When I was in school, we always settled things with a fist fight. A little blood sometimes yes, but nobody was killed.
Old 03-05-2001, 07:09 PM

Thumbs down

Yeah, all the crybaby liberals are going to whine and moan over this one. And they'll even have an excuse as to why no one reported the kid even though he talked for days about he was going to do it before he actually did it. They ought to execute that kid on live TV. Maybe by firing squad.
That's something I'd like to see done. A law where if someone murders someone else and gets the death sentence, they get killed the same way they killed the other people. The old "eye for an eye" thing.
Old 03-05-2001, 11:15 PM

Before I left work, the death count was at two kids. The 15 year old that did it had talked to his friends about doing it, all weekend. They didn't tell anybody because they didn't want him to get in trouble. Well now they are going to try him as an adult.

From what they described, he sounded like the scrawny kid that the bullies and jocks liked to pick on. He probably only shot the kids that picked on him.

Yep, if you don't know how defend yourself from harmless name calling, go home and get dads gun and kill them.

When I was growing up, if other kids picked on you, you went to the gym and worked out until you could beat the crap out of them.
Old 03-06-2001, 12:20 AM

Unhappy

and they say the kid just smiled after he got done doing the deed. makes you wonder what happened to these kids in so few years?? i'm sorry to say that i am a part of this generation...
Old 03-06-2001, 08:52 AM
ram1500

Thumbs up

That's exactly what I think too, Tim K. Execute a killer the exact same way they killed whoever they killed. If they stab somebody, stab them, if they burned somebody up, pour gas on 'em and burn them!
Old 03-06-2001, 05:52 PM

I just heard the part about him being the kid the others liked to irritate. I was kind of like that for a few years of school. Senior year was my best year, but there were a few previous years that could have been much better. Can't say I agree with what he did, but I UNDERSTAND it, and the thought processes that go on in that situation.
Old 03-06-2001, 06:40 PM
Extra Stout

Thumbs down

GOD I hate hearing about all the senseless useless violence going on these days.

Rufus, I will try and not hold that against you. LOL
Old 03-06-2001, 08:54 PM

i don't understand the thought process at all... we've all been picked on, humiliated, etc. at one point in our life. suck it up and deal with it, highschool only lasts 4 years. or transfer if it bothers you that much!! there are numerous other choices/solutions...
Old 03-06-2001, 09:38 PM
Banned

What is wrong with these kids today. About everytime you turn on the TV, you hear about a school shooting. I agree with what you said Rufus. Everyone has been picked on sometime in their life. It is just a part of growing up. I guess some people cant take it.
Old 03-07-2001, 12:21 AM

I can understand the mindset. However I was raised with enough morals and common sense to find other ways of resolving my problems.

My ex-stepfather was a Fish and Game Warden for the State of California, as well has being an avid hunter. With that being the case, he had a good choice of guns. From rifles to shotguns to hand guns. He kept all of them in the safe, when not in use. I had access to the safe (I knew the combo).

At no time did I ever think about using his guns to resolve any problems that I may have had at school. Myself, I got to be good friends with a couple of the football players. They watched my back for me and also put me into training in the gym. Within a year, I no longer needed them to watch my back as I was more than capable of taking things into my own hands.
Old 03-07-2001, 06:32 AM
Banned

There is so much pressure on kids in school now a days I tell you I was a councilor for kids for 3 years and man it is unbelievable how the system turns their back on a lot of these kids,most of it stems from bad parenting,well the ones I dealt with,and it doesn't help now a days when us the parents can't give our kids a slap on the wrist without a 51a being filed on you!!!Kids have no discipline anymore,no consequences!!!
Old 03-07-2001, 09:47 AM
ram1500

You got a point Rufus, everybody gets picked on or whatever at least once in their life. I had some dumb mother f*ckers who picked at me during my junior year of high school because I'm a Mopar man. I had a Roadrunner with a 440 that would've kicked their bowtie a$$es on the street. I just ignored them and eventually they got tired of wasting their breath and backed off. I never heard a single comment from them during my senior year. Funny thing, a few months ago, one of them came up to me and said "Hey buddy, how ya' doin?" I looked him in the eye and said "After all you idiots said that year in high school and you have the balls to call my buddy and ask how I'm doin'?"
Old 03-07-2001, 02:16 PM

It happened, yet again.

Last night a 17 year old was shot by another student, in Largo Maryland, as he was leaving school.

Today 1 student has been shot and another has been arrested in PA.
Old 03-07-2001, 02:41 PM
ram1500

Exclamation

......"My Dad can beat up your Dad!!!"....

........"Oh Yeah?!".....

........CLICK ......

........BANG!!!!

This is how two kids would settle things today. Scary huh???
Old 03-07-2001, 02:50 PM
ram1500

Angry

My cousin just started High School last August and she talks about some kids in her class buying and selling drugs. And I'm talking about 14 and 15 yr. old Freshmen, not Seniors!! It's going to get so bad that every kid will have to wear a bulletproof vest to school.
Old 03-07-2001, 06:55 PM

i believe it ram... i graduated in 99, and all that was going on then at my school. i think it is a lack of discipline and not instilling proper values and morales is a big problem, as dubge said.
Old 03-07-2001, 11:48 PM
Inactive User

Unhappy

Response to Ram1500) Your remarks about the drug sales are, unfortunately, too true. I can only suggest to everyone, if this country is fighting a "War on Drugs", why is it now easier to get them than it was ten years ago. It wouldn't be because the government got involved, would it?