Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Rumors and Gossip, etc...

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-09-2001, 12:54 AM
Inactive User

Angry

I work for a large corprate aircraft manufacture , and while at the local watering hole having a frosty beverage or two with one of the customers [ a plane rep for ford ] . He said that due to the fact that Daimler-Chrysler was losing so much money the nascar program was only going to be funded for two seasons ! I hope it's not true , but this is from a very good source .
Old 03-09-2001, 10:17 AM

I could also be wishful thinking or maybe even mis-information.

What DC does with the program will largely depend on how they perform in the first season or two.

After all of the money that has been spent in R&D for the program, I can't see them pulling out, unless they don't do to good.

As it stands, DC doesn't need to spend a whole lot more money on the program. Now it is the teams that will be spending the bulk of the money.
Old 03-09-2001, 03:28 PM
Moparchat Barracuda Owner

The Nascar program is not funded by DC it is funded by the individual dealerships. When the dealerships decide not to fund the program then it will end unless they have enough money for each team to continue without it which can happen.

Christian
Old 03-09-2001, 04:03 PM
Inactive User

I believe they will continue. But instead of being sponsored by your friendly Dodge dealers, they will become the 'Ajax/Rice Krispies/Hardees/Kinkos Intrpids'.
Old 03-11-2001, 12:25 AM

The NASCAR program may not be founded by DC, but DC is making the drive train. If DC pulls out and stops making the drive train, it would be a little hard for the tems to continue. No replacement heads, blocks, etc.
Old 03-11-2001, 12:54 AM
Inactive User

DaimlerChrysler is not planning to pull out in two years.
Nor is this pilot a good source. Yes DaimlerChrysler lost money in the fourth quarter last year, and they will loose money the first quarter this year. Last year just the Chrysler side of DaimlerChrysler made 3.3 Billion.
Not as good as they wanted but 3.3 Billion profit is not too bad. The total profit picture is 7.8 Billion for DaimlerChrysler for the year 2000. The new media would have you believe they are in the grave and the only thing not done is the dirt tossed on top. The picture is not as bad as they have painted.
Old 03-12-2001, 10:35 PM
Inactive User

Foglamp is correct. The reson why the Chrysler side didn't make as much profit is due to the fact Daimler bought the following companies,or a major portion of them.......Western Star,Mitsubishi,Hyundai,Thomas Bus Co.,some electric car co in the Dakotas,Detroit Diesel,all with money from the Chrysler side!! The German money was never touched.
Old 03-13-2001, 12:24 PM

Another thing to think about is that when cost reduction strategies were laid out, a NASCAR cut was NOT mentioned.
Old 03-13-2001, 12:44 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

Nascar wont be cut, the Ford guy was just being a @#$. Or at least talking out of it...on kinda a similar note, because we are talking about money and DC...According to Car-Truck the Shareholders are beginning to revolt, maybe they will rehire one of the Americans to turn the company around. Being that the American side is the one that makes all the money, and the Germans are on the Deep end of the pool now..At this point I' kinda sick of the Whole thing, anything that happens will be anti climatic...
Maxwedge
Old 03-26-2001, 09:11 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs down

NASCAR,,The WWF of auto racing,,I know its going to be clobbering time as soon as I hit the submit key ,but,HERE WE GO!!!!!!UNTIL they NASCAR allow the true spirit of competition back and eliminate this,He got it and I want it crap,how could this ever be a true form of racing,,ITS ALL HYPE,JUST LIKE THE WWF!!,, There is no pure HP A** whooping anymore,no no,we'll cry if he has a better motor or areo package,,Its time they get back to letting the engineers build it and lets race to see who is REALLY better,WIN LOSE OR DRAW!!!So,if they pull out ,,So be it,after all MOST of the money for the darn program came out of the NHRA racers pocket,both proffessional and sportsman alike,, Seems to have hurt us,the sportsman racer the worst as we now get 0 help,,Shame is,,WE are the died in wool ,true blue,not paid do it and race forthe shear enjoyment of showing the awsome power of our MOPARS!!!!Leave Nascar,,BY ALL MEANS!! Nascar is not true racing its all HYPE,just like McMahon's WWF!!!!
Old 03-26-2001, 11:06 AM

I just wish that NASCAR would go back to the way it was. The "stock" cars were production vehicles that were modified with OTC parts. Not these aero bodies that kinda-sorta look like the actuall car because of stickers, with engine packages that you couldn't hope to afford.

It is called stock car racing, but there is nothing stock about these cars.