Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-24-2000, 01:58 AM
Inactive User

The other night I was testing the car and I think
I made to many passes on my 1/8 mile test track were I work, anyway, I believe I got the trans too hot about 230 degrees.The car wasn't leaking a drop of anything while I was testing the car.Then when I put it on the trailer to go home I notice what looked like the trans pan gasket leaking.Next day I change the gasket for no apparent reason the one that was on the car looked fine.Anyway I'm looking closer because it's still leaking.Now I suspect the o-ring on the dip stick.I have the car about 2 feet up in front ,when I pull the dip stick trans fluid comes gushing out of the dip stick hole.Is this right I thought there only be enough fluid to show full on the dip stick.I mean gushing.
Old 06-24-2000, 02:22 AM

Sounds right to me. My fluid level was perfect and mine did the same thing. It was a steady stream about 4" high. It must be under pressure or something.
Old 06-24-2000, 02:29 AM
Inactive User

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Gromski:
The other night I was testing the car and I think
I made to many passes on my 1/8 mile test track were I work, anyway, I believe I got the trans too hot about 230 degrees.The car wasn't leaking a drop of anything while I was testing the car.Then when I put it on the trailer to go home I notice what looked like the trans pan gasket leaking.Next day I change the gasket for no apparent reason the one that was on the car looked fine.Anyway I'm looking closer because it's still leaking.Now I suspect the o-ring on the dip stick.I have the car about 2 feet up in front ,when I pull the dip stick trans fluid comes gushing out of the dip stick hole.Is this right I thought there only be enough fluid to show full on the dip stick.I mean gushing.
With the engine not running the transmission fluid drains out of the converter and back into the trans. A trans mechanic told me this. Dont know if it matters what kind of trans.
Old 06-25-2000, 03:40 PM
Inactive User

Make sure the vent on top of the trans is stiil there and not plugged by a plug fitting or something of that nature.It's located on top of the trans between the tailshaft and the case.You should be using the deep trans pan and a cooler also.