Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-12-2001, 08:54 PM
Inactive User

Question

I have a 1973 Dodge Dart Sport I am putting a 1976 360 in the car. I have put in a new crank bored it out 60 over with new pistons a 292 cam with 509 lift double valve springs double roller timing chain I am considering fuel injection for this motor but I am having trouble finding anything for it. I was wondering if yall could tell me where I could find an aftermarket kit or if there is a factory intake and fuel injection that I could use. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-12-2001, 09:39 PM
Inactive User

Well, you could use Mopar's TBI unit from the '89-'91 Trucks and vans. I don't see this as any kind of high-performance system, though. You could adapt a GM system to your car, but it would be alot of work. You could also adapt the Magnum Multi-port unit to an LA (like your 360) using the correct manifold.
Old 03-13-2001, 10:02 PM
Inactive User

Try this site for info,Lots of links http://home.swbell.net/nitro57/EFI.HTM
There isn't any "bolt-on" EFI system that is worth the time( or money) and you are probably looking at 2500+ to do it right. If you are very savy with electronics and computer control systems, I'd say go for it. The was a member that went by the handle "B&BPerformance" that did a thread about this- but isn't currently listed in the members. I saved the thread but his e-mail address isn't listed . If anyone knows how to get in touch Here's a shout out.
Old 03-14-2001, 12:35 AM

Holley should be able to help you out. I have a first generation, analog Pro-Jection system on my 77 400 c.i. Gran Fury and I have been very, very happy with it. It's a basic, two injector throttle body system ( I tend to go conservative ) but it meets the needs of my engine completely. Yours would probably use the higher capacity four injector throttle body system. The newer systems, totally digital controllers, are somewhat pricey compared to the $700.00 I paid for my system in 94, on the order of about $1200.00
Old 03-14-2001, 12:45 AM
Inactive User

I personally wouldnt run FI because,all systems available only use a TPS(throttle position sensor) and an O2(oxygen sensor).This doesnt provide enough info for the system to operate worth a darn.You need a MAP(manifold absolute pressure sensor)!!this tells the computer how much actual "LOAD" the engine is under,w/o it you fuel curve is vague and always too rich.The factory system has this MAP but is limited as the software has a window of operation,that is it can only go so rich or lean,and being based on a stock engine it wont be able to support your modified engine.Plus a carb will make more HP than FI,FI will deliver better mpg and driveability but at an enormous cost compared to carburation........PRO.........
Old 03-14-2001, 04:47 AM
Inactive User

Default fuel injection

yes fuel injection is what you want, look in hotrod mag. their is a nomber in it that has what you need, they advertise that they have it for all cars.
Old 03-14-2001, 04:11 PM
Inactive User

mopar action has done a couple of articles on mpi over the last year. the green brick recived a accel/mr. gasket kit with a full sensor load (map etc.) and a programable computer...looked cool and expensive. The also cobled one together on a 383 and used alot of LT1 parts (thats where the aftermarket support is). it also had a full sensor load, and a programmable computer e-mail if you want me to look up the article dates, but it will take a couple of days.