Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-26-2000, 02:18 AM
"BB Duster Maniac"

Red face

After bolting up my freshly machined 440 block onto the engine stand, I noticed the #4 cam bearing holes that feed the rocker shafts are partially(about 40%) blocking the passages. The crank passage hole is perfectly lined up, but the rocker feed holes will not line up, as if they are not spaced correctly. I thought about buying a long 1/4" drill bit, and from the deck, opening up the holes in that bearing. Should I do this or not?

------------------
www.mindspring.com/~dusterdave
Old 06-29-2000, 03:10 AM
Inactive User

Dustdave,I had a 360 block done a few years ago and when i got the block home i noticed the same thing i took the block back and had them put a new bearing in.They said they did that in there dirt track cars to bring up the oil pressure.I think they were in a hurry to get this mopar block out.I don't know if i would cance it with the drill, all it would take is one small chip to get into the system to cause a big problem.It's the machine shops problem i bet if you took it back they would fix the problem.