Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-12-2001, 10:18 PM
Inactive User

Exclamation

Okay, I have many things to ask.... I have redone the interior of my car, the only thing missing now is a new or better dashpad.... Where could I get one for a 74 Gold Duster? And how much should it cost? I got an estimate from about the only guy i know in AZ, and he is putting a CAP on hte dash, its just a plastic covering, and he says total is 300.... Is that too much? Also my bro is getting rid of his 81 cordoba, would his rearend fit on a 74 duster? And what gears and rearend did hte cordoba and gold duster have stock on those 2 years or how can I find out what they have? Also where are some places I can pick up gears between 3.50 to 4.00 and rearends of like 8 3/4"...... I seriously need your help on this info ASAP for my bro is scrapping his car, and i wanna take everything off that I know that can fit it... Also for the Dash(the metal part) how do i get its origional dark black back? Paint?

Oh also whats the difference between a slant six 904 tranny and a LA engine 904 Tranny(318) and please send every single bit of info that you know ASAP
Old 03-12-2001, 10:27 PM
Inactive User

Default dashpad

Check with Just Dashes, they specialize in dash restoration. Here's a link to their site...

http://www.justdashes.com/
Old 03-12-2001, 11:07 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin

Get one of those caps I just put one on my 73 Duster and it looks great and it cost 55 bucks I'll see if I can find their address and let you know I think their from Nev. Reno or close to there
Old 03-13-2001, 12:57 AM
Inactive User

Check out the RWD parts for sale section of this site, I think somebody's parting out a duster there.
Old 03-13-2001, 03:21 PM
Inactive User

Slant6Duster.....check on the differential, under a bolt head, for a small tin or aluminum tag. That tag will have the gear ratio stamped/embossed on it. You'll probably have to clean off a bunch of crud to read it. Also, the Cordoba rear end won't work in the Duster, either. It would be a good bit wider, and I think the suspension was different between the cars, too.
The 318 and slant 6 has a different bolt pattern for mounting to the engine, so you wouldn't be able to use the V8 trans in your Duster.
Sorry to disappoint you, but there isn't much interchangability between the two, unless you want to do a complete engine swap, but then you need more than just the engin/trans for the Duster.