Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-04-2000, 11:27 PM
Inactive User

Started the car it's cold but catches an idle.Load the car on the trailer ,going to test it in a parking where I work have permission, get to the place where I work start the car to check trans fluid in neutral.Turn the car off untie the hold down straps try to start the car won't start.This happened a couple of weeks ago no spark situation at plugs or coil.Try a new coil no luck ,I take a guess ignition switch car starts!
Today I get back home with the car ,we never got it off the trailer ,in the driveway car won't
start,definitely sounds like a no spark situation
,no firing sounds at all just cranking.Anyway got a different ignition switch ,car starts.
This car has a new wiring harness in the engine compartment but the dash is old.I tapped the ignition 1 wire on the ignition swich to power the tach and four gauges.
I wired everthing myself I know very little to none about electrical,but I did a safe job no hack at all.
Car has MP electronic conversion the gauges and the tap on that Ignition 1 wire, remote solenoid at trunk mounted battery.
When car is running the voltmeter registers about 14.5 volts.
Old 07-05-2000, 10:11 PM

Ok, thanks for the info. Had the same problem with my '68 Plymouth. New ignition switch corrected the problem.

HV