Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-19-2001, 09:35 AM
Inactive User

Question

Which SB aftermarket intakes, past and present, will work with the axial AC compressor? I know the Performer and Torker II have an offset to make this work. I was hoping to use a Performer RPM for my application but I don't want to give up AC in a daily driver in Kansas City. Or if someone has some advice as to if the RPM works or how something could be changed to make the RPM work...
Thanks!
Old 03-19-2001, 01:18 PM

I'm having the same dilema Bert. The 360 in my daily driven M-body is running a Performer intake. Throttle response and torque are outstanding especially since I added the 1" 4 hole spacer, but now I'm looking to kill off some of that low end in favor of brute mid range and top end (2000/6000). The dual plane Edelbrock RPM would be awsome, but will not fit my C171 a/c compressor either. The single plane Torker II will fit but might not work well for all the city driving I do. Maybe with a 1/2" 4 hole for some velocity but hood clearance will be a problem. I'm going to port match the Performer to the heads and see if it gives me what I want. Probably not. The RPM runners are larger all around. Any one know why they didn't make the RPM with the offset thermo housing? We got the Performer of Torker II, thats it.
Old 03-19-2001, 01:26 PM
Inactive User

Unhappy A bit more info

Mike,
I called Edelbrock since I posted and they think that a 76-earlier water neck and some bracket mods will do the trick. I dunno. I then called Bouchillon, they've got a bracket set to mount the rotary compressor to a big block and I thought maybe they could shed some light on the problem. I was advised that they were going to prototype a bracket set to address this specific application, but they didn't expect to have anything until 3-4 months from now.
Old 03-19-2001, 05:24 PM
Inactive User

Cool

What is the phone number or web address to Bouchillion? I'm in the same situation.

Thanks, Joe
Old 03-19-2001, 05:29 PM
Inactive User

Post Web site

http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/