Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-21-2001, 12:57 AM
Inactive User

Can anyone tell me when or if the last of the 5th Avenues, Diplomats, or Gran Furys had any kind of fuel injection from the factory. Need a decent family car and would like to stay with rear wheel drive, if possible. Have had enough Lean Burns.
E-mail me with any information you might have at hillside@spacestar.net. Thanks,

Paul H
Old 03-21-2001, 02:28 PM
Inactive User

Sorry I don't think they ever did carbed right up till the end. However the 81-83 Imperials all had fuel injection. I've had 2 both good cars get 20-24 mpg on hwy but 10-13 in town. Unfortunately they are 2 doors. Probably your best bet is a holley projection set up, but I've never tried one so I can't comment on how good they are.
Old 03-21-2001, 03:24 PM
Inactive User

Unhappy

Sorry man, I think you're SOL. If you can get a hold of a good diplomat or New Yorker and perhaps drop in one of the Magnum EFI engines out of a truck you may have something killer.

Now, the mere fact that I'm making this suggestion may get me shot, but....How about a Crown Victoria.

I Own one because I travel A LOT. It has been a very good car. V8, rear wheel drive, body on frame, and you can pick one up new fully optioned (including performance and handling package) for about 25 grand.

You can also get next year's Mercury Marauder version with a bigger V8 and much more power.

I know that its a Ford, but if you want V8, rear drive and a warranty, its your only choice.

Good luck.