Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Diesel & Turbo Diesel Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-25-2001, 04:23 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin

I am new to this forum and this is probably an unusual request.

I am one of the organizers of a small drag racing organization in Phoenix that pits Mopar, GM and Ford vehicles against each other. What has developed recently is an interest in the diesel trucks. I am on the Mopar team and we are actively searching for one or more Cummins trucks to answer a challenge from a Ford truck on the Ford team.

I am building a new web page on our site to support the truck and other new catagories and would like a picture of a 96' or newer Ram to use above our "Dodge Truck wanted" graphic. If anyone would be interested in displaying a pic of their truck email me direct or reply here. I am looking for a pic that is not to dark in background or vehicle color. I will also link the pic if requested. I can also grab the pic off of a web page if given permission so emailing it will not be required.

The mopar team does not currently have any Diesel trucks listed. The only requirement to list is that the vehicle be capable of 16.0et or faster, just in case anyone reading this lives in the area. We think the Ford truck is capable of low 14's but we are really not sure. THis is all heads up racing and we have never seen or been around diesel trucks drag racing until the Ford showed up.....

Anyone is more than welcome to view or participate at
www.HotTeamsRAcing.com
THere is no cost to racers and many of our events are organized around a fund raiser for the Ronald McDoanld House.

THanks
John
HTR
Old 03-27-2001, 02:31 PM
Inactive User

Default Fast Trucks

I responded to your requiest by sending you and email John. My truck runs fair and I am always interested in hearing about other good running diesel street rigs.

Can you tell me more about the Ford in question down your way. What has he run and what has he done (to the truck). We have a annual event in Vegas scheduled for mid May. It's open to all diesel truck brands although I expect it will be mostly attended by Ford and Cummins powered Rams. We will have access to the strip at the speedway complex north of Vegas so bring um on!
Old 03-27-2001, 08:52 PM
Inactive User

Cool

Welcome aboard Mr. HVAC.
Old 03-27-2001, 09:28 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

HVAC

Awesome truck! and it looks just like anything you would see next to you driving down the street. This is the type of stuff that works so good in our program. I wish you were a little closer. THose times are impressive.

I wish I could tell you more about the Ford but I only have second hand info on it. They way our program is run we all have to reveal a limited amount of info on the vehicles involved. You can do any mods to your vehicle that you want but you have to publish some details as you may have seen on our web site. Each team has a team captain and the captains negotiate the best matches they can get. There is a little more to it but I won't go into all the details here. The Diesels are new for us so we are just figuring out what spec have to be listed in order for them to race. I think the diesel thing is going to be a blast and I am pretty excited about it. They will be running on the same teams with the rest of us only they will handle the other teams diesels. The guy has posted an ET of 14.8 on a leader board that we have but I am sure he is holding back. My fear was that it was capable of 13's since I have never seen a 13 sec or 14 Dodge cummins in our area so he is very confident. I should know more details on it late in the week.

I will contact you by email also.
Thanks
John
HTR
Old 03-28-2001, 12:41 AM
Inactive User

Default Diesel Racin'

Markcuda, how you doin? Hello to the GLTDR

John, lets stay in touch. I might be able to slide down to Phoenix some time and I would like to see your local Ford pilot make it to May Madness in vegas. I believe it's about the 21st of the month. MADDOG will be there and I'd put my money on MADDOG's truck in a heads up race witht the guy in Phoenix. You haven't seen anything like his street legal locomotive! It's a lifted crewcab long wheelbase 'bout as big as an oceanliner Best thing is he hit 500 and change rear wheel horsepower on the dyno in vegas a couple weeks ago. You can catch MADDOG, Psychostroker, and my lil BOMBed truck on a video. Check out the the Diesel Dynamics site- http://www.dieseldynamics.com/ Click on the "new products/specials" link to get to the next page and then click on "Check out the new VHS Dyno Days videos". The video is fun but be prepared to spend a lot of time downloading if you have a dial up connection. There is a longer version that will be available on tape soon.

John, I am planning on taking out the 5-speed next month and going with an automatic. The new tranny is supposed to have a trans brake which will allow me to spool up to 15 psi or so on the line. My 60' times are very slow at 2.7. I should be able to shave nearly a half a sec right there. Beyond that, being able to leave the throttle down all the way down the strip will result in a lot more power since when we lift to shift the stick tranny we loose turbo boost. Boost is all about making power. I'm up to 55 psi now with the twin turbo setup! Stay tuned for much better times
Old 03-31-2001, 05:47 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin

OH BOY,,I see the real HP monster has arrived,,They wanted power and here he is,,The legend HVAC himself has arrived!!!!!!! Now if we could get Joe D and Sickly or The Mitchell beast around ,mmmm,,Think of it,all that MONSTER power,seems I'll sit up on the porch and watch the REAL POWER TRUCKS !!!!!!
Old 04-02-2001, 02:39 AM
Inactive User

I wanna play to.
Old 04-02-2001, 07:48 AM
Inactive User

Biggrin

He asked for it,and got it,,Let the HIGH HP POWER MONSTERS out!!!!! I do not think anyone could count you out either MY6,,,,,LONG LIVE THE THUNDER TRUCKS!!!!!
Old 04-03-2001, 01:29 AM
Inactive User

Cool, to bad some of you are not closer.

HVAC others,
Here is a bit of an update on our Ford match.
We do have a 96 cummins that will race him but it dosn't look promising (maybe thats an understatement)
The match will take place with a group of 5 mopar cars vs 5 Ford mustangs in June.

The Ford has not listed his specs yet so what I have on the truck is all second hand.
-2000 or 2001 super duty (was told it is new truck, I assume one of these years)

-3.73 gears ?????
-WDT multistage chip ( prettty sure about this)
-Is bragging about having over 300hp???
-Truck belongs to dads construction company.

sorry thats the best info I have but there is no way our near stock 96 is gonna pull this drag race off. At the moment this is the only Dodge Diesel we have to run. Mine is a 91 cummins, stock (no way).
We are just BSing on the capability of the dodge in hopes that the Ford may red light or something.....

This is gonna be funny. Our Diesel guy will race anything, he dosn't care, all heart. However he is a bit vertically challenged (hope he dosn't read this) and from the outside looks like he can't see over the steering wheel...
Now how intimidating is that gonna be....????

Oh well, we'll see
Old 04-05-2001, 12:35 AM
Inactive User

I can help that 96 smoke the ford easy if you feel like doing about 2/3 hours of "tweaking" on it for the guy. It'll be worth about 80 more rear wheel hp.

I wish I was closer, cause I'm not afraid to spank him good.
Old 04-06-2001, 01:36 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Damn... nice numbers on that one my6

I don't know how much participation there will be long-term in the diesels for the type of racing we do but as long as any truck meets the minimum 16.0et I am happy to see them race. I think there a blast to watch.
I have a little more interest than most for this particular match with this Ford guy but there may be others develope down the road as well.

I haven't talked to our Dodge man lately but I may see him friday night and I will ask what if any mods he is considering. I will send him here to this forum and you can maybe offer some suggestions. We have a month before the Ford matches take place.
Old 04-07-2001, 11:11 PM
Inactive User

Cool

I also could help your man with the total destruction of the dreaded Furd,,Its an awful long way to tow though,,I,however am in Phoenix on Thursday every week as I drive for a freight company and bid there as a weekly trip,,Would be glad to help your buddy out getting set up or pointing him in the right direction,,One would never know,hook the trailer it could be road trip time,,May have to even go to the coast to see all the BIG POWER trucks.....
Old 04-08-2001, 05:52 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up johnnyB

Big Red your more than welcome to come out this way anytime even if your just here for business come down and watch our mopars in action.

I know our whole team would love to see some monster diesel action but I am not asking anyone to make a trip just for our small event. However if someone ends up out this direction for vegas etc and can make it to our event we will definately make room for a big truck on one of our team match ups. And being the instigator that I am I will gladly rub it in before the match.
Each team runs five vehicles in a match i.e. GM,Ford, Mopar. Oh, and dinners on me....
like that will even pay for the burned up tire rubber.

I am waiting for email replys with the Ford truck to get this thing going. I will let you know. I may also run the truck match up the flag pole to see what other interest there is in it.
Old 04-09-2001, 12:08 AM
Inactive User

Default Racing In Phoenix

I'm pretty open as to a date but I will have to see when My6 is available. We would appear as a double barrell tag team. My6 for the 4x4 set, and me for the all out "put up or shut up" class. I'm installing an automatic in my truck next week so times are dropping significantly. Those fords better have some nasty or we'll have to enlist MADDOG from Utah to come down and give us some competition.
Old 04-09-2001, 11:00 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin

MMMM,,Now lets see here,still got fours weeks of unused vacation,New tow rig needs broke in,and a need to get away,,SOUNDS like a need for a road trip to me,,Slide my slightly underpowered 4x4 on the trailer(compared to the Legendary HVAC and this California quake, MY 6 eats v8's) and off we go into the sunset,,You west coast POWER monsters see if you can get a date togehter after Muncy and I'll come for fun in the sun...LETS ALL KILL THIS Furd Turd together, then relax as he goes home crying to momma................ITS HAMMER TIME GANG!!!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2001, 11:23 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Great!!!

I may have mentioned a date in an earlier post but that may change. The race schedule on our site shows the Mopar vs Ford on June16th but this is not in stone yet.

I think we are good to go on multiple Ford powerstrokes and one is a 4x4. Don't post any ET's here on this site in case one finds his way here.

I will post the specs on all the trucks involved both here and on the Hot TEams web site when things get a bit further along. The specs will include things like tires size, cab style, 4x4, power adders etc. These will all be things that are comon knowledge under hot teams rules.

GAtes open a 6pm. Any dodge trucks will come pit with us, were easy to find. You can test and tune or what ever up until the matchs start about 10:00pm when both teams go line up to race. Its all over in about 30mins.

The rules are posted on the site but to recap you can win 6points. You win 3pts for the win light, 2pts for best reaction time and 1pt for participation or crossing the finish line. A red light is the kiss of death, 1pt only. Our sponsors pay the Ronald McDonald House based on the number of points earned. THe Ronald McDonald House points series started in January and ends in June and a car can only compete twice in the series. I only have one more time to run myself. EAch team has a team captain. I am the Mopar team captain and a guy named Trent K is the Ford team captain. We negotiate the match ups. We always listen to the drivers when we do this however. You guys know more about these trucks and mods than we do.

I always like to sneek new listing in under Trents Radar so not to arouse suspision but he is going to know that something is up when he sees twin hairdryers on HVAC's truck. He cares about this because the points the Ford or Dodge gusy win add up for that team. So I am not sure how I will handle that yet

I am still working on a lot of details on this so it is very much in the preliminary stages.

By the way the mopar team lost in March to the Ford team, so I really, really want to win this one. They are a very strong team. There cars range from 15.8 to 9.0 seconds.....but we have a plan next time

Sorry so long,
John
HTR
www.HotTeamsRAcing.com