Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

View Poll Results: The problem with this is....
State Farm is calling me a liar and a thief. 1 9.09%
MoPaul is neurotic and easily offended. 5 45.45%
All insurance companies are jerks. 5 45.45%
Doesn't matter. 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2001, 08:26 PM
Inactive User

Angry

What an eloquent way to call me a liar and a thief. I recently received this letter from my State Farm agent's underwriting office. My policy was just set up a month ago, as I have recently relocated. This is their second letter, because I did not reply to the first.
"Our records indicate we have not yet received your reply to our recent letter. In order that we may update our records, your help in answering the following will be appreciated. If you have responded to our previous letter, please disregard this notice.
Is this vehicle driven to work? Yes___ No___
To school? Yes___ No___
If yes to either, how many miles one way? ______
How many days per week? _______
If used in a car pool, how many days per month? ______
If this vehicle is not driven to work or school, what vehicle or means of transportation is used? _______
How many miles do you estimate your 1973 Dodge Charger will be driven in the next 12 months? _____"
yada,yada, yada.....
"Sincerely,
Brian Fink
Underwriting Department"
This car has only comprehensive insurance for vandalism and acts of God. She doesn't even have current tags. Does anyone else here drive a 340 on Cam2 over 20 miles daily to work? That would run me about $16 per day for the commute.
What exactly are the terms for harrassment cases?
Just venting.....
Old 03-27-2001, 12:31 AM

Never got anything like that from Allstate. I have my '69 Coronet sitting with that coverage right now.

Maybe you should call your agent and explain to them that the car is not driven and that it has expired tags.
Old 03-28-2001, 09:27 PM
Inactive User

Wink

I had done that when I set up my policy last month. Thank you, though. I shall call tomorrow for my local Allstate agent.
Old 03-30-2001, 02:17 PM
Inactive User

Lightbulb

MoPaul, Before you make a decision on changing your insurance carrier, get the facts from more than one alternative source.

My experience with Allstate was terrible.
My car was parked at the mall. While we were in the mall, the car was hit damaging the left front fender and hood to the tune of about $800.00 dollars. I had a $50.00 deductable at the time. The jerk that hit me just took off so I had to turn it in as a hit and run. Allstate paid the claim, raised my rates, insisted that I raise my deductable to at least $500.00, but would prefer $1000.00, and put me on notice that they would have to cancel my insurance if I had another claim.
Keep in mind that this was the only claim I had ever filed with Allstate in 8 years. The took my money for 8 years, but when it came to step up to the plate they struck out.

I have been with State Farm now for nearly 20 years. They covered me fully for an accident with injuries, including the lawsuits that followed, and about 3 years ago a fire at my house took out five of our nine rooms. That happened on Dec. 12th. We were back in the house before Christmas. State Farm covered EVERYTHING. My rates have not gone up, I received no warnings, and my agent had them take care of one or two extra things during the repairs.

There are programs available for cars that are hobby cars, or that get driven on a very limited basis. If the car is not regestered (ie being restored) you might be covered on your home owners or property insurance.

Ask a lot of questions of a lot of people. You'll find there is the right insurance for your situation. But don't just make a decision because you got pi$$ed about something. Sorry to be so long winded.
Good Luck