Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-30-2000, 09:50 PM
Inactive User

Well it's nice to know that the WSP has All the crime under control to the point where they have nothing better to do than issue 5 day's for loud exhaust!! Now here is the question-- I have a BB with headers & 2 1/2's and single chamber Flowmasters and it is LOUD.. Is there a glasspack that won't kill off what the Flowmasters gave me ???? I don't want to quiet it down to the level of a GGetter. But it would be nice to hear the radio from time to time..
Old 07-30-2000, 10:24 PM
Inactive User

As far as the gestapo goes, you may wish to brush up on your local noise laws and proper testing methods? I had the same thing happen with the local law while on my Harley with drag pipes. Come to find out, they didnt even come reasonably close to following standard testing procedures and it was dismissed! And they not only left me alone, but everyone else, as they learned it is too dificult to get proper noise abatement testing done on the side of the road! First of all they have to be a certain distance from the exhaust, then they have to make corrections for the ambient noise level, then they need to have the decible meter calibrated on a schedueled basis (which usually doesnt happen), and so on... just a thought!
As for wanting to hear the tunes once in a while, I just went with a bigger amplifier! :<) Good luck!

------------------
Old 07-31-2000, 07:47 PM

How about a nice set of 3 chamber Flowmasters? I like cars that sound cool, but cars that are just plain loud bother me.
Old 08-01-2000, 02:08 AM
Inactive User

I am waiting on a couple more parts for my '69 Coronet with a built 383 before I can trot off to the exhaust shop for a exhaust system. I just can't resist somtimes canking that open header monster up and shaking the rafters in the house. It sounds SOOO sweet with that hot cam.
Old 08-01-2000, 06:34 AM
Inactive User

Hey Doc,
I hear ya on the open header monster!!
:<)
Before I got the exhaust work done on my new built 360, it was all I could do to keep from saying "screw the pipes!" hehe
I VERY seriously thought about gettin the JCWhitneys cut outs for the exhaust.If for no other reason, where my ride is a sleeper, Id get a good jump at the green street light by opening up the headers just before the launch! But my wrench buddy talked me out of them as I will be driving in snow and ice in the northeast and he said those units get cable rot and dont work after a while. Bummer!!!!

------------------